GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

Dunno if its paypal or my net connections but paypal wont load properly. Will try again later on another computer.Black looks sexy though white might be nice for a change especially considering Justin was so remiss in not including a pink with yellow dots option. :D

I still have ten GCW-Zero SE that can be sold and will send a complete invoice for full payment to anyone who wants one who hasn’t ordered please e-mail me at gcwnow@gmail.com because once they are gone they are gone forever….

I'll take all of them, if they're still there.

I think that that #99 number is not correct...my invoice number is 118 and i am sure that i was one of the firsts to order the gcw

At GCW for uk orders can you mark as gift so we don't get hammered with extra cost please or $10 thanks in advance.

Same here, I would like to receive in Germany the parcel declared as a gift to avoid the duty. Thanks

Here in Brazil the parcel declared as a gift avoid the duty too! Sorry, english isn't my native language.

If it interests someone I get an answer from GCW :

"It will be declared as gift with value of $60.00 USD and yes regional adpater"

But that´s not completely a good news because the declared parcel value should not exceed 22 Euro (approx. 28 $) to be exempt from duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Declaring as a gift means nothing in the UK, you will be charged if the value of the item is more than £15. For handheld consoles into the UK the duty is 0% but the VAT is 20%, and then you have to pay £8.30 handling fee too. So if you write a value of $60 on the front then we will have to pay another ~£16.30 to receive the item.

I understand that you'd be breaking the law to ship from USA with a value of less than £15, but what about shipping them direct from China where they seem to do this kind of thing routinely? It would save a lot of people a hell of a lot of money.

This is the latest info I could find regarding import costs for handheld consoles from China.

33blite.png

Makes sense I can't see why w have to fork out more money it's already cost me a arm and a leg any more it will cripple me.

That´s a good idea to ship the consoles directly from China, the decision belongs to GCW.

If your package gets caught trying to dodge taxes you are going to have to pay a lot more. Something to consider before asking someone to fib to save a few bucks.

Why? There are rules, we are only using them as other companies do. What is wrong with that?

Declaring as a gift means nothing in the UK, you will be charged if the value of the item is more than £15. For handheld consoles into the UK the duty is 0% but the VAT is 20%, and then you have to pay £8.30 handling fee too. So if you write a value of $60 on the front then we will have to pay another ~£16.30 to receive the item.

I understand that you'd be breaking the law to ship from USA with a value of less than £15, but what about shipping them direct from China where they seem to do this kind of thing routinely? It would save a lot of people a hell of a lot of money.

This is the latest info I could find regarding import costs for handheld consoles from China.

I'dd prefer to pay the real tax... as exemple on a quarter of the order I receive from DX I get a 10$ tax because it was "picked" to be inspected, an other 10$ because an agent had to evaluate the value and finaly a final 10 or so $ as tax... it would be generally cheaper if I'dd pay the tax...

edit: that means we get no "fine" when we receive such a packet but we'll pay at least 20$ more tax than if it were correctly declared... guess one could see that as a fine...

Suspect payment on my paypal account so its been temporarily limited.can't pay for the gcw zero until its resolved.

Maybe i can pay you directly Justin if you pm me an account number I can transfer the money.

If I ship items from China it means I have no eyes on QA without that I can't make sure you as a customer are always getting a great product.

Declaring a low value is fine if I was in China but I'm in the USA and if I sent it at such a low declared value I would get in trouble and more then likely it would be siezed in USA customs or by your country on arrival.

Just secured the Suite, Booth with power, Admission passes, 60in Plasma TV to demo the GCW-Zero at the Grass Roots Gaming Expo in Ottumwa, Iowa this October 12th through the 14th.

Looking forward to releasing the gaming console at an actual Retro-Gaming expo for and about Retro Gaming and Gamers.

Keep your eye on there site you will see our logo and more information about the release on their website in the next couple of days.

http://www.grassrootsgamingexpo.com/

Back