GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

If I ship items from China it means I have no eyes on QA without that I can't make sure you as a customer are always getting a great product.

Unless you're planning to test the buttons, analogue, screen, wifi, sd slot, tv output, headphones etc on every single console then all you really need is for the factory to send you 1 final product for you to test and then give them the OK to ship the rest if everything's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you're planning to test the buttons, analogue, screen, wifi, sd slot, tv output, headphones etc on every single console then all you really need is for the factory to send you 1 final product for you to test and then give them the OK to ship the rest if everything's fine.
And who's going to flash the proper firmware? Keep in mind you can never depend on the Chinese. The device could end up with some crappy chinese firmware instead of a proper OpenDingux based linux kernel.

And who's going to flash the proper firmware? Keep in mind you can never depend on the Chinese. The device could end up with some crappy chinese firmware instead of a proper OpenDingux based linux kernel.

So it is shipping with open dingux?

Is a firmware flasher available for download yet? I'm thinking of dropping in a 32 or possibly 64 GB internal micro SD once it arrives

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Not yet but if you wish to start development you could install Open Dingux on your A320 for testing and use the current Open Dinux toolchain for the A320 to develop with.

There will more then likely be a custom tool chain that takes advantage of hard and soft float but we are still working on that right now.

We are also working on a packaging system and back end for updating via the console itself but that is infancy stage at this point hopefully will be done by release or alittle while right after.

You can read more about Open Dingux here:

http://www.treewalker.org/opendingux/

Not yet but if you wish to start development you could install Open Dingux on your A320 for testing and use the current Open Dinux toolchain for the A320 to develop with.

There will more then likely be a custom tool chain that takes advantage of hard and soft float but we are still working on that right now.

We are also working on a packaging system and back end for updating via the console itself but that is infancy stage at this point hopefully will be done by release or alittle while right after.

You can read more about Open Dingux here:

http://www.treewalker.org/opendingux/
I messaged you.i still want to re sell gcw zeros in ireland.

gcw, PayPal tells me you can currently receive any payments.

You should look into that. :)

Fighting with paypal there has been three fraudulent charges on the account and they have limited it till they resolve the matter.

Yep looks like three would be owners of the GCW-Zero aren't who they say they are great great great.

Should be resolved no later then Monday or Tuesday.

^^^same problem with my paypal account too.its limited now until i ring paypal monday.othetwise i will open a new paypal account.

Eventually we plan on having several languages hopefully for our Gmenu2x and our own menu we are developing

It's prolly a personal choice but I prefer a good english to a bad translation...

nice video BAFelton... can't wait to get mine

Ohhhh come on no butchered english where is your sense of adventure....

This question should probably be posted in ICP2 section... but will the GCW Zero be compatible with ICP2? I'd love having a physical keyboard to play some games with.

Edit: Oops

Would GCW Zero work with an ICP2 ? ^_^
no bluetooth, but it does have usb otg... so maybe?

Is it too late to request bluetooth? hahaha GCW + iCP2 -> Gaming heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good going!

Is that menu OD? can we get a glimpse of what the proprietary menu will look like?

It is great to see all that care into software before release!

Back