GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

Im intriqued to just muck about with the gcw zero really.My pandy does most of what i need really.still its not gonna break the bank so all good.

Damn my birthday is on september 15th. Gonna have to wait for my present :p

Nice. Any update on when the winners prototypes are shipping? I am tinkering with a chip8 emu and wanna try and get it running on the system.

I am sorry but I am not impressed.... The new site is not done and you have postponed the release date. Also there isnt that much info about what we can expect in the final product, and i mean software-wise.

Don't get me wrong...i pre-ordered the console and i am still excited about this console but i was really expecting the mid-july -- august release.

@Mmm For a device that went from prototype hardware wise end of March to Mid July and now working on OS, emulators/ports, and toolchain I don't think we have faired too bad. I will admit with hindsight this being my first device that my tenative release date was abit too ambitious of a goal. With knowledge learned and gained through this experience I think the next console will be a more tenative date that will be able to be met.

As for the website what aspect other then the app store and retail purchase of the finnished console is not done and as for sneak peek every couple of days to a couple weeks a new video and pictures is posted showing games running and emulators running on the console. There is also a wealth of information right here on the direction of the console what is working or needs tweaking and the plans we have moving forward with it.

and you still have years to achieve something faster than a well known and, on this forum, appreciated company... I hope you won't take that long through...

Zear has been playing with pocketsnes I'm gonna try to talk him into doing a video with game play. Any specific snes games? Only 3 max please he has a life ;)

Super Metroid / Kirby's Dream Land 3 / Seiken Densetsu 3

(with transparencies on)

Back