GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

Really? I was just playing mario tennis gba on my caanoo, no probs at all man! What firmware are you running? I am running 1.5.0, maybe it's the rom or something?
I'm running 1.6.1 and using gpSP to try to play it. What emulator and settings are you using? Do you have sound enabled?

What Linux Distro is used for this?

On another note, the site is a bit too dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
The video looks really great, I wonder if the GCW will be able to be used as a joystick with screen recognized by the desktop system :) .

Really good, Cruel, I was almost worried that you were not going to shoot the other player in the demo...kept a high suspense/expectation there!

@theweirdn8 You mean the overall site or the image?

Just a clarification, the video was made by Zear. I am just sharing. :D
Yep :)

Later on we had a test of managed mode wifi connection between two GCW units over the ocean (Brazil - Poland). The results are as follows:

* eduke32 - stable, but sometimes laggy

* d1x-rebirth - perfect, they even have a metaserver, so some 3rd party people joined us and kicked our butts ;)

* prboom - slooow, prehaps a different doom source port would do better

All these games have naturally perfect speeds on a local network, these results were only for an internet game.

Great to see efforts going into providing working net multiplayer game/experience.

That is one huge area the caanoo was advertised for and never actually came into happening.(the only one I know is paper wars :wub: )

Here we see things happening even before the console is mass producted. :)

Congrats!

What the deadline for the se I am thinking of buying another one?

Status update as you can see we are working on a number of network played game ports and will continue to make more ports of games as time rolls on this console will release with alot of open source games.

We have had some OS glitches and problems as of late and are working to alleviate them all in a timely manner we = me and the developers want this console to be as polished as it can be on release and will do everything in our power to do that.

As where do we stand with the 150 consoles we have 19 left we've had some who have come on hard times and canceled and others who have lost faith in the console or paitence either way they have asked for refunds and been granted them.

I expect great things in the next couple of weeks and as always will be dropping the information here and on our sneak peek sections of our website...

Im in no hurry.when its ready its ready.It will be a nice surprise when it drops through the letterbox someday(ok so the mailman will probably deliver it by hand to the door when im still in bed but you know what I mean)

I'm in no hurry too... but I don't think you'll need to wait for a fully polished OS with lots of games for theses 150 consoles. most people there have no problem with that, and concerning games, a good share of the 150 consoles are developer and you'll surely get some new additional software/port by releasing the hardware...

Back