GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

May need to spread it a little further.

Try the GLBasic boards, I believe it may be possible to compile to such by what already is available and people may be interested in a new platform.

www.glbasic.com

I am trying to get the word out to the masses I went to Engadget and gave them the story of this amazing new handheld like no other I hope they get it out just trying to do my bit to make the handheld known to all because it's gonna blow your mind.What we need is more game reviews publicise it more on other forums on YouTube get the word out we need a website that's updates daily with news and reviews to bring in the punters.

Last edited by a moderator:
jutleys's next mission will be to infiltrate Engadget's head office and somehow insert a segue to GCW in every single news story.

Everything depends on you justin, you must not fail!

jzN7o.png

May need to spread it a little further.

Try the GLBasic boards, I believe it may be possible to compile to such by what already is available and people may be interested in a new platform.

www.glbasic.com

I think that is a great idea Erico glbasic would be a great addition to the Zero. I also believe anything Caanoo software related would be an awesome port.

We have somewhat super news OLED is too expensive to source at this time in 640x480 or 800X600.

So are LCD Touchscreens for that matter unless we went to 8in screen.

That would defeat the purpose so for now is scratched item. But on the super note we have sourced a resistive LCD Touchscreen @320x140 similar to what

Caanoo has in it minus it being OLED mind you.

We are still at a count of 14 of 100 Special Editions

Touchscreen is a no for me. I don't want a device with an unprotected screen like the caanoo. I want a hard plastic covering the screen like the dingoo. Besides, i won't use it because it's useless for emulators (i have never used the touchscreen of my caanoo).

320x140? i suppose you mean 320x240...

In the prototype video, it seems that the screen is protected by a hard plastic (part of the case). If the touchscreen finally makes into the GCW Zero (which will make necessary to remove that part of the case), will you be selling that hard piece of plastic? because i'd want one, as i won't be using the touchscreen.

But on the super note we have sourced a resistive LCD Touchscreen @320x140 similar to what Caanoo has in it minus it being OLED mind you.

Nicely done, good to have another input method, esp maybe an onscreen keyboard for dingux :)

hi-ban I'm sure you can ignore the touchscreen and put a thicker screen protector over it, if you really don't want to use it.

I fancy the touch screen. I have used on my caanoo for adventures and a few homebrews games.

More importantly, I have used it for music making and art (milkytracker and grafx).

The good part of the stylus there is that it is precise and the response time is immediate.

I also enjoy the g-sensor, altough we don´t see many games taking proper advantage on that.

On the marketing side, we just had the Nd (which seems dead so far) and the troubled launch of gamegadget, so it may be a bit harder to push the news to a more mains stream journalist base.

Rock paper and shotgun is a great place to have a word of it.

edit: about the scratches, I bought a laptop film cover, cutted in 8 ´caanoo screen sized´ pieces and am still on the first one. It gets scratched bad, so a better solution then this on a new console would be great.

As long as the picture is sharp and the colors are bright I don't care what kind of screen it has.

The LCD Touchscreen will be more like a tablet or cell phone screen and be more protected then

the caanoo was with there screens.

Still, would you be able to keep some hard plastics? when i buy the GCW, i would want to have one and glue it to the case.

Hey, you could sell them for $2 or so (or include them with the GCW, as an accesory). I would buy it along with the GCW.

320x240 is standard for most emulation but HDMI tv out is at 1080P

@gcw

I don't care about the resolution.

But for pSX and N64 emulation, a 4.3 inch screen would be really nice :)

About the GLB post, it seems there is one there already, here:

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=8120.msg68298#msg68298

but it needs more love, people are a bit down couse of the nd and gamegadget(including me) and it seems pi is shipping so the attentions are spread.

Anyway, it seems there is a lot of people with neat games and if such can compile to it you can get an easier dev tool(GLB) plus ports of current games going.

Have a word with Gernot there.

Back