GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

I dont really get what is being asked here, by Justin I mean, just asking if a good idea to do a kickstarter? I'd say so, if that's what asking.

... but Zeros being shipped next week? sweeeet! merry christmas :)

Sure, go ahead. I'm pretty sure I can also easily sell more orders than I ordered from you so far.

Those 100 I preordered from you should sell quite fast :)

^ OK , thanks, and can I ask what SOC and other specs it has ie BT version, resistive/capacitive, battery size, resolution etc etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
copy past from gcw website:

CPU: Ingenic Jz4770 1GHz Processor

GPU: 496MHz Vivante GC860 1080p video decoding and OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenVG 1.1

DISPLAY: 3.5″ LCD 4:3 (320X240 pixels)

Memory: DDR2 256MB

Internal Storage: 4GB

External storage: via micro SD Up to 32GB possibly 64GB not tested at present.

Mini USB 2.0 OTG

Mini HDMI 1.3 Out

3.5mm earphone/mic/Stereo Speakers

G-Sensor/VibroShock

Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g and Wireless Multiplayer

Dimensions: 143*70*18mm

Weight: 8oz

Battery: 2800mAh

that's for "normal" unit, SE unit are the same but with 512Mb of ram and 16Gb of internal storage

If your going with Kickstarter remember that the taxman takes his cut which could be almost half so take that into account with the goal.

If your going with Kickstarter remember that the taxman takes his cut which could be almost half so take that into account with the goal.
It's 10% not half.
Are you sure that's not kickstarters and amazon's cut your talking about? I know of a podcast that got kickstarted and revenue counted the money collected as income and was taxed accordingly.

^

This is why an accountant should be consulted before and after the Kickstarter. Perhaps they had too much profit sitting around. But you have to understand that rewards don't equal profit (to be taxed). What's left when the project is complete can be taxed, but the IRS isn't going to take 50% of the money raised by the Kickstarter off the top.

February or March is the prime time for a Kickstarter. Most, if not all, of the early SE adopters will have received their units. Plenty of reviews will have been written by then in favor of a Zero purchase.  

Back