GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

In the beginning there was the GCW-Zero bare and naked no protection

imagejpeg1g.jpg

Then it's creator's armored it from the elements

imagejpeg2qi.jpg

This does look like a pretty sweet device. How heavy is it? I was surprised how light my Caanoo was when I got it.

Lots and lots of work but in the end all well worth it to see how well excepted the Zero is.... It was brought up by Pardue on Dingoonit.org on thread page 214 to 216 about crowd funding via KickStarter to get funds to do a standard production run bigger then one planned currently.

I will only have enough from personal savings and reseller orders to make right at 300 standard production units once those are done it is not clear if I will have enough funds to make more all according to sales I guess.

So my question to you and to others once we start shipping the SE orders this weekend or early next week would it be ok with you guys to launch a KickStarter crowd funding to get full on production of the Standard model and another 100 SE I think I would feel better having 250 units for warranty issues as these are one of a kind items.

You already know that the actual console cost me more then was planned per unit the actual unit no modifications with all the issues ran about $100.00 per unit then add the new bezel and now a rework of the new bezel their is little or no profit. Not to mention there is almost 6K still being hoarded controlled by Paypal.com in a limited account I have no access to.

They state it is for your protection as customers but it's funny they won't allow me to do anything we the money now even refunds as the 65 day limit has passed. They also won't give a refund if you file a complaint they just close the case and message me about it. Pretty ironic they froze the money for the protection but won't give it back either, To me that is theft and illegal siezure but whats a small fry like me gonna do about it.

All I can do is use personal funds and provide a refund via western union to anyone who requests one which costs quite a bit of money in it self but so is life. Just thought I would let you know what the lovely Paypal is doing now. Hopefully when I start shipping the consoles and they get confirmation of the shipments they will start freeing up the money but at this point who knows.

I'd say Kickstarter or Indiegogo (not sure what they get commission wise?). And you know to be careful with PayPal already ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this have any kind of tv or HDMI out? (i'm too lazy to search for the answer in the forum... sorry =) )

The video is fine and it looks great, so is the presentation. Would need some more pics, but I guess it is down to your plan/pace of presenting.

Don´t forget to consider shipping, gift prices, people that drop, 5% for donation, etc on the final unit price. Is the goal 150$ for 1000 guys?

Looking good.

The goal is to raise funds with all prize levels to make a total of the goal

Back