Gba Emu

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm i think the emu by enf65 is better... cause i doesnt emulate the cpu.
The Zodiac emu emulates the whole system... also the gp32 has about 50mhz less than the zodiac..
still it would be a nice thing to play around until GP Advance is more advanced :D

what about porting gbaZ to teh gp32... i heard its quite easy to port zodiac <-> gp32 .... this would be awesome.

Im not sure : enf65 is already maling a very great job with GPadvance
Just give him time to make it as good as possible and then you wont never think again about gbaZ...:)

see you :lol:

EDIT : arf : beaten by 1 minute :'(

washo posted on Mar 13 2004 at 02:03 PM said:
what about porting gbaZ to teh gp32... i heard its quite easy to port zodiac <-> gp32 .... this would be awesome.

Im not sure : enf65 is already maling a very great job with GPadvance
Just give him time to make it as good as possible and then you wont never think again about gbaZ...:)

EDIT : arf : beaten by 1 minute :'(
think so 2...

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing is efn65 will be able to browse the gbaZ code to get some ideas for the bits of the emulator he still hasn't addressed which could speed thing up considerably. Kyle poole is a decent palm developer and has been coding on the platform for many years. The chances are his code is probably quite neat and tidy.

The thing is with gbaZ going Open Source we will definately get a decent emu even if enf65 stalls on GPadvance as someone will pick up gbaZ and port it. Somehow I doubt it'll be necessary though as efn65 is doing a great job and seems to be steam rollering ahead at a great pace. Plus it would be nice to think we had a home grown emulator rather than a port. No disrespect to the excellent GP32 emu ports.

Right I'm off to play speedball2 on caSTaway, Again! Damn game is as adictive as ever.

Ive seen avi 2 gba converters out there. It would be really nice if you could use a gba emu as an .avi player but by the looks of everything i doubt that will happen. :(

Mr. Chunk posted on Mar 13 2004 at 05:51 PM said:
Ive seen avi 2 gba converters out there. It would be really nice if you could use a gba emu as an .avi player but by the looks of everything i doubt that will happen. :(
Why would you want to do that?

BaDToaD posted on Mar 13 2004 at 03:53 PM said:
The good thing is efn65 will be able to browse the gbaZ code to get some ideas for the bits of the emulator he still hasn't addressed which could speed thing up considerably. Kyle poole is a decent palm developer and has been coding on the platform for many years. The chances are his code is probably quite neat and tidy.
Kyle did not code anything on gbaZ

pip posted on Mar 12 2004 at 07:09 PM said:
Octavious posted on Mar 12 2004 at 04:01 PM said:
well, what does who think will add to it next?
what mode do they have to add before some commercial games will be surported?
would mode 7 be an easy one to add?
o well, hope he keeps workin on " IT "

~Octavious
Mode 7 should be one of the easier modes to add since the GBA doesn't have a hardware Mode 7 (ie, it does mode 7 in software)
I read my own post now and it may seem a bit confusing. What I ment to say was that the GBA has no mode 7, it uses the other modes to create the effect of mode 7 (it only has mode 0-6).

Squidge posted on Mar 7 2004 at 08:00 PM said:
As per my off-topic post, does anyone know where there is technical documentation and the like for the GBA (obviously unofficial)? Like on how the hardware registers work, how to parse GBA rom files, etc?

Not looking for source code as that can be found in the way of open-source emulators, but more on the documentation side.
By far the best documentation I have seen for the GBA is http://www.work.de/nocash/gbatek.htm

Mr. Chunk posted on Mar 13 2004 at 05:51 PM said:
Why the hell would u want to do that?!

hmmm... just watch avi's on the gp32 cinema thing..??

anyways!

to the guy who translates , could you not only ask for an open source, but also tell him 2 things:
1 . about the gbax.com coding comp so he could win money to finish this....
2 . tell him how much we apreciate him doing this?

~Octavious

o ya, please mention to him bout the gbaz code
might help him??

to the guy who translates , could you not only ask for an open source, but also tell him 2 things:
1 . about the gbax.com coding comp so he could win money to finish this....
2 . tell him how much we apreciate him doing this?

So here I am : Washo :)

1: I will.... EDIT : Done
2: already done more than a couple of times...:D

<erm> I have a question... about GBA ROM sizes.. I've asked it elsewhere - but didn't really get an answer - just agreement...

OK:

I understand that GBA Roms are measured in BITS not BYTES, if this is the case surely, even if we were limited to 4MBYTES for ROMS we'd be able to use everything up to 32MBIT ROMS... Doesn't this mean that we'd be able to use basically any ROM?

Or should I just slap myself around the face with a wet fish?

you would be able to use all the roms which are 4MB (32Mb)
So that makes quite a lot but most of them are more likely 64Mb or 128Mb....Maybe a RAM upgrade is the solution...
Or maybe he will manage a rom swapping...(a part in the RAM another part from the ROM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back