Gba Emu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've just read the thread, and have had a couple of thoughts on what people have been saying. At least 5 people have asked whether the emulator plays ROMs >4MB without and upgrade and as someone else has just proved there is a lot of confusion over this (which I personally thinking just pisses everyone else off when they have to keep replying to the same questions). I've read the whole thread and while it is obvious that WITH a 32MB upgrade AND a modified emulator, which is at the moment nowhere near completion, you could run larger ROMs, but the creator of the emulator does not appear to have even considered this yet and has said that he thinks larger ROMs will be possible. This makes sense if you think about it; the emu is currently 6 times GBA speed with lots of features missing. Maybe it will be just 2 times faster if it is ever finished and has all the original gameboy advance features (sound, other graphics modes etc) but there should still be tons of time left, even if it is only twice speed, for reading from the smc (as someone else pointed out; GPCinema and MoviePark manage well enough with files >100MB. So don't be too worried.

EdCa22 posted on Apr 5 2004 at 05:28 PM said:
Well, I've just read the thread, and have had a couple of thoughts on what people have been saying. At least 5 people have asked whether the emulator plays ROMs >4MB without and upgrade and as someone else has just proved there is a lot of confusion over this (which I personally thinking just pisses everyone else off when they have to keep replying to the same questions). I've read the whole thread and while it is obvious that WITH a 32MB upgrade AND a modified emulator, which is at the moment nowhere near completion, you could run larger ROMs, but the creator of the emulator does not appear to have even considered this yet and has said that he thinks larger ROMs will be possible. This makes sense if you think about it; the emu is currently 6 times GBA speed with lots of features missing. Maybe it will be just 2 times faster if it is ever finished and has all the original gameboy advance features (sound, other graphics modes etc) but there should still be tons of time left, even if it is only twice speed, for reading from the smc (as someone else pointed out; GPCinema and MoviePark manage well enough with files >100MB. So don't be too worried.
The author of the emulator said he could perhaps get fullspeed with sound and frameskip with _lots_ of work and a small screen. So don't even dream about it going twice full speed with everything included. It goes so fast in those early demos is that there is no timing what-so-ever. The reason moviepark etc can do it is because it knows exactly what it needs to load next, it is more or less impossible for an emulator to know what needs to be loaded next. It cannot know if you decide to go left or right on a map.

Last edited by a moderator:
please : just stop dealing with nonsense...
you are using a "0.1 pre alpha" to speak...
give enf65 more time to make it as great as possible...
btw : still no news from him on yaronet...

see you :lol:

might be a good idea to close this thread until some more news are popping up. i always check this thread for new posts if it's marked to have them only to find it's just the same questions and answers all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back