Mega Drive/Genesis emu

Shrike

well i am definetely getting a gp32 asap but i was reading back over the old rumour corners things and one said that the genesis emu was ready to be realeased and stuff, the exact words being
If everything will go ok, public release will be in next week
and that was last month ¬_¬
is it coming? is it ready? will it ever be made public or become the next GBA emu, hidden from the public forever

Which emulator? I only know the guy who made FNES32 and FMSX32 or whatever they were called said he was making a Genesis emulator, then later put on his site he wasn't going to have the time to finish it for a while. And that was probably July 2002. That emulator, sadly, seems long gone. Stupid real life. :(

Well, i can only say that all is true. Genesis emulator for GP32 exist. but i dont have contact at the moment with a programist. i dont know what are the reasons it is not released yet. We have to wait.

I've heard two reasons for it not being out...
The first is that Zardoz didn't want to release it without the support of Gamepark (which would equate to enver, as they couldn't support it for fear of lawsuits from Nintendo - who'd claim that if they supported one emu, they were supporting the lot by default --> big lawsuit and Gamepark dies - not good)
The second (which I think is slightly more likely since there is a beta leaked floating around a few people, despite the fact that I heard it later) is that there is a rather nasty bug in it that needs sorting out before a release.

Also, its quite possible that Zardoz wants to perfect it in the same way he's doing with SnesGP (or Snesemu, whatever you call it) so that it does have sound and saves when its first released, rather than simply having the ability to load the games. Bear in mind that SnesEMU was never intended for a release when it got out - but someone leaked it in an imperfect state. Quite possible its the same sort of situation here, but Zarj has managed to keep a better lid on it.

I'll be happy as long as it's "on the way" for another month or so :)

Sega were generally supportive of emulation when they still existed in their 'pure' form (ie, making consoles and not as a merged company). I dunno how they feel now, but they generally only stopped the distribution of one or two arcade games out of the large amount of sega arcade games and many other formats before the IDSA came along and said "hey, let's make them stop distributing everything!". In fact, I even seem to remember them sending an email in to one site telling them their position in emulation: they like it because it "honours" them. A far cry from nintendo's stance...and let's face it, back when that happened piracy was barely a factor in emulation. I don't think it is on GP32 either. If we wanna get technical, we own most or all of the games. Yesterday I went to a few second hand shops and spent about 35 bucks on snes and megadrive carts and a saturn game for 5 each :)

Back