Release Gargoyle For Pandora - Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure Package

Maybe I should make it default to a larger font, and write to the actual appdata dir (which is same as where it shoudl be, but the name would be less confusing to show the actual appdata path), and make the .ini file show up in appdata so you can take a look and edit it without guessing where it is.

I'll post back in a bit with a beta..

edit: Ah right, the story file picker yeah, I'm still tweaking that, good point :)

edit: Most mappers can read a recorded session.. try turning on scripting to get a textfile, and then feed it into a good mapper tool to auto-generate something :) (infocom only, perhaps.) If I port one to pandora native, we might be able to get away with having the script turned on the game, and the mapper following it along. Sometimes that works :)

jeff

Had a short moment.. try this one:

http://www.walled.net/~jmitchell/gargoyle_20100825.pnd

Small changes:
1) garglk.ini should show up in your appdata/gargoyle directory now, so you can hand edit it as you see fit
2) I defaulted the proportional font up a couple points, soits easier to read on the small screen

jeff

Michoko said:
Thank you for this! Indeed, waiting for my Pandora is really more and more painful, lol!

Xenu said:
Thank you, this is so cool. I used to play Lone Wolf like crazy as a child. The Pandora is getting better and better, there are many things I never even imagined I could/would do with it. Interactive fiction should be brilliant on the P.

May I make a shameless plug here? If you like Lone Wolf, and have a Nintendo DS (with a linker for homebrews), then you may be interested in a project I've been working on for a few years now, called LoneWolfDS: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic

It's a port of the Lone Wolf books into electronic form, with handling of inventory, events and combats.

Cheers
Michoko

Yep, played this on my DS (and donated) - it's great :). Any chance you are going to port this to Pandora? Also, are you planning on doing "Shadow in the Sand"

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:
Had a short moment.. try this one:

http://www.walled.net/~jmitchell/gargoyle_20100825.pnd

Small changes:
1) garglk.ini should show up in your appdata/gargoyle directory now, so you can hand edit it as you see fit
2) I defaulted the proportional font up a couple points, soits easier to read on the small screen

jeff

Cool, I'll give it a shot on monday, thanks!

scottm said:
Michoko said:
Thank you for this! Indeed, waiting for my Pandora is really more and more painful, lol!

May I make a shameless plug here? If you like Lone Wolf, and have a Nintendo DS (with a linker for homebrews), then you may be interested in a project I've been working on for a few years now, called LoneWolfDS: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic

It's a port of the Lone Wolf books into electronic form, with handling of inventory, events and combats.

Cheers
Michoko

Yep, played this on my DS (and donated) - it's great :). Any chance you are going to port this to Pandora? Also, are you planning on doing "Shadow in the Sand"

I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll just make a short answer:

yup, Shadow On The Sand is currently in the works ;) And I'm not quite sure I'll port this to Pandora, but if I do, I'll have to reimplement the engine using SDL.

(oh, and thanks a lot for the donation! ;) )

Thank you for this, the Pandora is perfect for IF and I'd really like to finally giving it a proper shot, I always left stories in the middle. I've found one by chance, I might have to ask around for the other one, it was pretty cool.

So, yeah, pretty nice, and so are you new changes, I must remember to update...

Now this is exactly what the Pandora is for :)

I tried it but it didn't work because I didn't rename my Infocom .dat files to .z but now I know!

Many thanks skeezix (and Pickle) for all these early ports.
Where do you put all your source trees?
I'd love to try a bit of update and compile stuff now that I've got my OP at last.

By the way, for those who have original Infocom .dat files, rename them to .z5 if you want Gargoyle to work.

Back