A Teaser For You Retro Fanatics .. Text Adventures Ftw!

I've got Kronos running nicely (Magnetic Scrolls so far, with pics) on the Pandora dev unit. Looks really sharp :) I'm upsizing the fonts, try to make things more easily readable on such a dense display.

Shoudl get Infocom/ZMachine going soon.

I also got BattleJewels running _very_ nicely. A good day :)

Want pics to help keep away the blues?

jeff

Great news! I hope I'll finally be able to complete this one:
0eaae4ac-a3f5-47c5-b5f5-87c2a40a4eb3.jpg

Just did some cleanup .. can actually play Magnetic Scrolls nicely now; I don't have any 'cheats' in there yet, but wil be adding over time the automapper, note taking pad, word suggestions, maybe map d-pad to movement and various goodies like that. For now, just getting the games to work like they should :)

Lets see if I can have a few minutes to do a shakycam of a couple things .. (yay for video watching _text_ games ;)

jeff

Posted crappy video here :)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52240-moar-vids-mplayer-video-kronos-text-advent-battlejewels-action-puzzler-etc/

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
@skeezix: Nice work! I remember some good text adventures from my MZ-800 a friend's ZX Spectrum. :) I those days I don't understood English, but some guys make good games in Czech or translate somes. So I have question: How difficult may be localization of Kronos and some adventures?

I don't know nothing about neither Kronos internals nor those interactive fictions file format structure. But in summer I may have some time to spend with such work (and learning stuff).

Back