Gaming Habits of Pandora Users

How much time do you invest in gaming every week, on average?

• Total voters

I would play more games if I didn't also have other things to do like... coding and "real life stuff"

I have a backlog of ... many many games that I haven't finished.

Games have improved in many ways - unfortunately developers don't seems to release that kids that they hooked in the 80s have grown up and got the money to buy their titles - but they don't have nearly as much free time as when they were little kiddies. It's quite frustrating as I like to complete games, as in, get everything... but I'm just flagging behind these days... sigh

Games have improved in many ways - unfortunately developers don't seems to release that kids that they hooked in the 80s have grown up and got the money to buy their titles - but they don't have nearly as much free time as when they were little kiddies. It's quite frustrating as I like to complete games, as in, get everything... but I'm just flagging behind these days... sigh

Same here. I have bought many games that I have actually never played... huge backlog. I have no idea when I will actually get to play these games :)

I put 6 - 10 but can often be 10 - 15 or sometimes >15

Depends on my week

I actually don't spend much time on my Pandora at all - it's only real use is for testing my own Pandora apps/games. Like others I've got a huge backlog of commercial games to play for other systems. Most of the time I'd rather code than play games anyway. And I like to complete games near 100%, so when I do play I'm obsessed with a single title until it's done.

it depends on my mood wether or how much I play. Sometimes I don't play anything for a month and then I "waste" a whol day for gaming xD

Any Left 4 Dead or Borderlands player here?

I've sunk a lot of time into Borderlands. I also game in waves though: right now I'm near the low end of the spectrum, playing nothing more complex or time-consuming than the odd puzzle from the Tatham collection.

But it's definitely time (and the appropriate weather) to get a boardgames night going soonish.

yeah I'm in the unhealthy range of gaming.. I'd say half of the gaming I do a week is entirely on the Pandora.

Most of which is done entirely on the weekend.. Weekdays leave little time for me to game..

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently I get an hour per week max for gaming, but that depends heavily on how much work I have.

yeah I'm in the unhealthy range of gaming.. I'd say half of the gaming I do a week is entirely on the Pandora.

What kind of games do you play the most?

I picked up Skyrim on the Steam summer sale. That game really sucks you in..

I occasionally, but rarely play Battlefield 3 on the PS3. I'm okay at the game, but the game gets my blood pressure up fierce.

On the Pandora, I generally been playing around with new games that are released on the repo, I've been playing through Zelda: Ocarina in Time again. Also have been playing with the new Oracle Java for ARM and the Carcassone Board game clone I packaged for the Pandora (JCloisterZone).. once we have new Java installer to include this version of Java, I will push up a newer version of this game with some improvements.

Also.. looking forward to Borderlands 2 when it comes out, have it on pre-order.

I used to play a lot more, or if the wife is away it could be 15 hours +, at one point It would have been upwards for 30, but that's working as QA at CodeMasters.

I'm actually surprised there isn't more in my range.. if people play games only 2 hours a day.. that's 14 hours a week.

I think many don't think they game as much as they actually do.

I'm actually surprised there isn't more in my range.. if people play games only 2 hours a day.. that's 14 hours a week.

I think many don't think they game as much as they actually do.

Look at the Demographics - majority of people are in their thirties and plus, and probably most people have responsibilities nowadays (wife/kids/dogs/others) and the time invested in games probably goes down vs teenagers for example. At least that's how I interpret the data.

^ true enough I count myself in that category too.. Like I said, the majority of my gaming is on the weekend.. but I do sneak a hour or two on some weekdays.

My name is 2bit and I collect retro games ! *

* breaks down into tears . :p

During the summer ( the current season where I live ) I really don't play that many video games . I ussally try and go out side or make some cash but during the winter time ... 3 hours a week man !

Yes that's probably the most I play , more of a collector who collects strictly FUN games

Now when it is coming back to work after the summer, it'll be in the 6-10 bracket at least. My gaming goes up when I work, since that is what I do on my every day a-least-one-hour-commute.

I used to collect retro games, but having 30 different consoles/computers and a good collection of games for each was just impractical once I got married, so I relunctantly let them go to people who would have as much enjoyment from them as I did.

All I really have left is my Sonic collection, this includes a a S&K mouse mat and the 15th anniversary statue and 10th anniversary SA2, but I'm considering selling these now too.

the last time I really put some time into games in one go was Disgaea 4, hitting 50 hours after a week (!) because I had time off work, wife was away and all of my responsibilities had been taken care of, it'll be a long ass time before I do anything like that again (maybe when I'm in a nursing home telling youngsters stories of how I was a veteran of the console wars, every one of them).

My average is low, but the variance is really high: I can play nearly not at all for weeks or months, then one or two weeks >20h/week if I have time and I get sufficiently obsessed by some game.

Back