GamesCom 2013 Pics

What, you were there but didn't pay us a visit? You could've grabbed a free T-Shirt and coffee from us :)

Coffee and T-shirt from EvilDragon is almost worth the travel expenses..

Here are a few more pictures:

20130823_140232.jpg20130823_140828.jpg20130823_172105.jpg20130823_201221.jpg20130824_093701.jpg20130824_104936.jpg20130824_162416.jpg

Notice on one of them that they are playing PCSX on TV Out, with two player, the second player using another Pandora and Master Control to emulate 2nd GamePad. ;)

Ah yes, Machiato coffee  is great ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few more pictures:

attachicon.gif
20130823_140232.jpg
attachicon.gif
20130823_140828.jpg
attachicon.gif
20130823_172105.jpg
attachicon.gif
20130823_201221.jpg
attachicon.gif
20130824_093701.jpg
attachicon.gif
20130824_104936.jpg
attachicon.gif
20130824_162416.jpg

Notice on one of them that they are playing PCSX on TV Out, with two player, the second player using another Pandora and Master Control to emulate 2nd GamePad. ;)

Ah yes, Machiato coffee  is great ;)
Pandoraception! I love it! :)

won that round ;)  .... too bad that it would not work with bluetooth yet.

i grabbed a friends cam, if i see him i can check if i took some showable pictures. 

How did you find it in terms of cost compared to flying?
The cost was roughly the same; I think the flights might have been £160 and train £180 (both return), although the flight would also include a little petrol going to/from Manchester airport. I think my ideal trip would be train to Gamescom and flight back; the reason I say this is it is nice to arrive relaxed and have the time to prepare, but once the event is over I just wanted to get back ASAP, and in the end didn't arrive back in Chester until 01:00 in the morning.

I should add that for the last 6 years, each summer I have gone inter-railing with a group of friends, so I am quite used to (and enjoy) train travel. This year we went London -> Dijon -> Basel -> Liechtenstein -> Innsbruck -> Venice -> Croatia -> Slovenia and did it in about a week, so pretty much a new country each day. Certainly not something a lot of people would do; but we enjoy it. So it was nice to take some of this and use it on a business trip.

@EvilDragon I was sad to not have time to come say hello and drink your free coffee, but quite literally we had back to back meetings, either in the Dorint hotel lobby (across the road) or we were running from there over to the Business Centre for meetings there. Next year I will definitely make sure I have some spare time - crazy to go all that way and have no time to see anything cool at the show (but it was a business trip after all, so I can't complain so much).

the second player using another Pandora and Master Control to emulate 2nd GamePad. ;)
Wow! So did he plug his second Pandora on the first Pandora through a hub, or direclty on the USB2 port? Very cool use of Master Control !!
Directly IIRC. Askarus's pandora was pluged on the TV, and Elw3's one plugged from miniUSB to Master USB of Askarus. Prety cool hu ?!

The cost was roughly the same; I think the flights might have been £160 and train £180 (both return), although the flight would also include a little petrol going to/from Manchester airport. I think my ideal trip would be train to Gamescom and flight back; the reason I say this is it is nice to arrive relaxed and have the time to prepare, but once the event is over I just wanted to get back ASAP, and in the end didn't arrive back in Chester until 01:00 in the morning.
I can understand the coming back bit, but yeah, I like the idea of having a train which has more space (although if you're on the Chester<->Manchester line, it's not all that great). Thanks

So, the Pandora was a HID for another Pandora? That's really cool!
I will try that this weekend. Will take videos if it works :) expect a post on Pandoralive :)  

By the way, does Panmame support more than 2 gamepads? I know there are a few games where you can have even more players, is that something that would be supported via a hub and several Pandoras connected to it ? :)  

Did you see this video, taken from the event showing 974 people playing Super Mario Bros at once.

Like exploding lemmings at the start :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTiJaWCaKas

Check the top screen section, bang in the middle where the pipe is, @1:10 I was rooting for that player to catch up with the masses... go on Mario! Jump!

from

http://kotaku.com/974-people-playing-super-mario-bros-all-at-once-1352398015

Dang, the one chance I didn't have to try a Pandora. If only there was a convention ED and co. could go to in the US.

^I think if travel expenses were paid for and he had enough free coffee to tempt him he may show up for a US convention.

Back