Games Not Working And Other Flakyness

DaveC

Internal Development
Well I updated the Quake 2 version I have by replaceing the old PND with the new one. Now when it run it it loads for a few seconds then dumps out to Minimenu. It used to work but not now. Why? How do I get this to work?

Also NESemu doesn't see any of my ROMs.

Also I noticed a few things like MAME don't load the preview pic I made for Minimenu. Is that because someone is not doing the pnd formatting right or is it something else?

Not sure about Quake 2 (as I've misplaced my original discs) but NesEMU worked for me with the roms unzipped only and placed within the pandora/adddata/nesemu/ folder in one I named 'nes'. Gpfce works with zipped roms aswell under the same layout but has no sound for me. I placed all emulator PND files under 'menu'.

DaveC said:
Also I noticed a few things like MAME don't load the preview pic I made for Minimenu. Is that because someone is not doing the pnd formatting right or is it something else?
You mean you've set up an override preview and that's not working? The current MAME package doesn't have any preview itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
davec -- if you were using a pre-release q2 from months ago, then its appdat directory name probably changed. (ie: we added various features over time, so pickle probably cxhanged his naming over time.)

ie: I think the appdata directory name is 'quake2' now, now 'quake2.pickle' or whatever it was 6mo ago.

First thing for you to always check :)

(but yes, a pnd shoudl check for its data files and post a warning dialog if not found, rather than silent exiting; thats 'good form', and I think more and more of that is going on now as people get used to things.)

Also note .. a stupid bug crepy in last minute, for minimenu .. so you might have extra (empty) appdata directory names it was creating, so you can remove any empty appdata directory name. I released a mini fix a week or so back, and that will also be in hotfix #2 coming out soon, so just a heads up if oyu didn't see the mini patch. The patch was here, but it will have no value once hotfix #2 comes out: http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/minimenu/patches/mmenu-patch-dmy20100530.pnd

Back