Gamepark, Gp32 2 (project Name) Coming Soon!

Jees posted on Jul 28 2004 at 11:09 AM said:
Letz see, when it will be released (If it will be released, im asking - you know gamepark)
yeah it's GamePark, so if they announce the year 2005 for the release of the new GP machine then count on 2007 for the true release date lol :lol: jk

more seriously this machine sounds really great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder where Gamepark is getting the money for all this. Most hardware developers make their money from their software, not their machines, and gameparks software sucks, and nothing new has came out in forever so we all know they're not getting much money from commercial games.

Maybe they're taking a page out of John Deloreans' book and selling cocaine to keep them afloat.

This is great news for the GP community! :D

My first GP32 (a BLU) is in the post from Lik-Sang right now, but I'm still very happy about this development!

What I intend to do is to use the existing full speed emulators to play games that I have for the earlier systems and then, by the time I've run out of cool games to play which will probably take quite some time as there are so many :p, I'll probably upgrade to the next generation GamePark and use the newer more powerful emulators to play games at full speed for later systems :lol:

On the subject of backwards compatibility, if the GP32 II is designed to make use of a newer and more powerful ARM processor as its main CPU, then I would expect that backwards compatibility would be fairly straightforward to implement, especially if the newer processor natively supports the earlier ARM9 processor's instruction set, perhaps in the same way that Intel processors have backwards compatibility.

Either way, the future seems bright! B) All the more reason to join this great community :D

frolik posted on Jul 28 2004 at 10:30 AM said:
I do hope they make it backwardly compatible, that would mean there's already tons of software and emu's available - just think - our snes / genesis emulators running at 400Mhz!!

schwing!
My thoughts exactly. If it IS backwards comptable with the regular GP32, I'd get a GP32...2 right away. Otherwise I'd wait for the software to get up to speed before commiting.

I think this would be great (not the 2minutes-paint-made-design - what you see on the screen ;) )

1091034106.jpg

Tschüsing DreamRider

Wow, the nes gp32 is gona be balck...

It looks like they already made a dreamcast emu for it!!!!11111!!

EDIT : Oh, thats not real. im so dissapointed, that piccy looked so real :(

this post was edited by Deleted User

:p No its not real, I designt it in two minutes with the windowsporgram "Paint"and put a picture with Sonic, a picture with the DC-logo in there. Than the Text - Finished ;)

Tschüsing Jees'

Jees posted on Jul 28 2004 at 05:26 PM said:
:p No its not real, I designt it in two minutes with the windowsporgram "Paint"and put a picture with Sonic, a picture with the DC-logo in there. Than the Text - Finished ;)

Tschüsing Jees'
Mods, quick, post this genuine Gamepark prototype design on the news page before any other site gets there first! World exclusive! :p

All of these new specs will most likely mean custom built-in rechargeable batteries that will eventually will need replacing. This means that if anything happened to Gamepark getting batteries would be a pain. While I would probably get one I think that the existing ones are still the most open and customizable ever. Also the emus that run 100% now won't be any better on a new system.

Personally I think it is a mistake to spend all of their money trying to beat Sony and Nintendo (which will never happen) with a new unit. I would think it would be better spent getting more good commercial games and better advertising for the existing one, and maybe even a US launch as a homebrew/MP3 player machine.

DaveC posted on Jul 28 2004 at 06:05 PM said:
All of these new specs will most likely mean custom built-in rechargeable batteries that will eventually will need replacing. This means that if anything happened to Gamepark getting batteries would be a pain. While I would probably get one I think that the existing ones are still the most open and customizable ever. Also the emus that run 100% now won't be any better on a new system.

Personally I think it is a mistake to spend all of their money trying to beat Sony and Nintendo (which will never happen) with a new unit. I would think it would be better spent getting more good commercial games and better advertising for the existing one, and maybe even a US launch as a homebrew/MP3 player machine.
How the fuck are they trying to go up against Sony and Nintendo? Its |Open Source|.

mattmagoo posted on Jul 28 2004 at 01:54 PM said:
that looks like an icecream bar danm just can figure out how to eat it...

I know Ill printt it out!

EDIT: that didnt taste good :(

this post was edited by DemonStar55

haha I did it right Deleted User

Back