Game Developer Tom Clancy dead at 66.

Yeah i heard, his games will surely endure for many years to come; and ubisoft may make some movies too.

^^^^^^Well splinter cell and hawx and more ubisoft games bear his name. Ubisoft bought the complete rights to all his works i believe, a few years ago. Yeah he didnt make the games but they are based on his characters i believe, at least sam fisher is i think.

They just put his names on the games and gave him a big check. He sponsored them but i would find it very hard to believe he had much to do for them and sam fisheris just an asshole character anyone can create in 5 minutes :)

They just put his names on the games and gave him a big check. He sponsored them but i would find it very hard to believe he had much to do for them and sam fisheris just an asshole character anyone can create in 5 minutes :)
Oh totally he was a pulp writer and sam fisher is an asshole character that can be created in 5 seconds. I like ubisoft but not much of their recent output.

Splinter cell conviction was ace though.

Splinter cell conviction was ace though.
I have not made it that far in the Splinter Cell series :) Lost interest a long time ago.  
yeah I hated all the splinter cell games but conviction is a genuinely fun and pain free experience. Its action stealth and loads of fun. None of that horrible trial and error shit and game-over every time you fire a weapon. Its the only one i liked.

I thought, the most famous of his books (and games) was the Rainbow Six-series.

Sixty six is quite young to die, hmpf.

Why did I write so many sixes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought, the most famous of his books (and games) was the Rainbow Six-series.

Sixty six is quite young to die, hmpf.

Why did I write so many sixes?
Rainbow Six author dies at 66. That's 3 6's. 3....Half Life 3 confirmed

eah i heard, his games will surely endure for many years to come
Huh... Tom Clancy is known for his BOOKS, not so much for "his" games.
Since you are being a pedant as per usual...

Huh... Tom Clancy was known by those that read books for his books and those that played games for the games that bore his name.

eah i heard, his games will surely endure for many years to come

Huh... Tom Clancy is known for his BOOKS, not so much for "his" games.
Since you are being a pedant as per usual...

Huh... Tom Clancy was known by those that read books for his books and those that played games for the games that bore his name.
tom clancy was a writer first, his game related carreer if you can even call that was much later so i dont even know why you want to argue about that

Sometimes I wonder, if there are many people left, that actually read books AND play video games.

There are people that actually think, that Tom Clancy was a video game programmer. oO

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm saddened to see that, but on the other hand, we won't see that many "patriot" games and novels anymore. They are just really weird.

RIP, Tom. You are a good man, but no offense mate; I just hope no one would pick up that torch.

Back