Fvc - Beta

sbseb88

Still Fresh
Hi,

I'm releasing a small game I've programmed over the last few weeks: fvc (working title ;)). It's a game in which you must detonate chains of fireworks to score points. A readme & tutorial is included.

It's currently far enough to be released and I ofcourse would like your comments on it. It's not finished, mind you, but I feel it's ready for release, to see what you think of it :).

A screenshot:
fvc011-000.png

It can be downloaded here.

Comments and suggestions always appreciated!

-Seb

Is this a clone of Fantavision for PS2. I used to like that game, giving this a try now.

I love this! Hooray for abstract, innovative homebrew! :)

purple_goat said:
ruckage said:
Is this a clone of Fantavision for PS2. I used to like that game, giving this a try now.
It's mentioned in the readme, yes it is heavily inspired by FantaVision :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just given this a try and it's pretty cool!

I wasn't quite sure why you would need to rotate the 'scanline' though? I just selected one colour with the cursor, and then rapidly press the A button to select all the others of the same colour?

I've never played fantavision, but I've played the fireworks game that comes with the 'eyetoy' which seems similar. With that one, the more fireworks of the same colour you manage to detonate, the bigger the explosions you get...

Looking forwards to progress on this - with the battery like of my GP2X, I need games which I can play for a short time!

Gruntfuggly said:
I've just given this a try and it's pretty cool!
Thanks! :)

I wasn't quite sure why you would need to rotate the 'scanline' though? I just selected one colour with the cursor, and then rapidly press the A button to select all the others of the same colour?

Yes, that's right. But you can also chain other colors of flares to your original chain - it will result in a higher score. To do that quickly enough, you can rotate the scanline to quickly point at another flare (of a different color, or the same color if the flare just came into screen) . Once highlighted, capture it and keep pressing A ;)

firefly2442 said:
Would you be willing to include the source in your next version? Great game!

Um, sure, but I'd need to clean it up first... And thanks :)

Edit: new version 015 (not yet the source). Now includes OGG playback via SDL.

Back