Smallball In Changeland Released

Imerion

SmallBall in Changeland has been released!

Try to gain as much points as possible while navigating around enemies.
Controls will change now and then making it much harder than it seems.
Ultra-fast gameplay, some neat graphic effects and catchy music is the premise of SmallBall in Changeland.

This game was made mostly as a diversion from bigger projects.
It's not intended to be very advanced, it's simply a quick game with that "Just once more..." feeling.

If you have any suggestions or find any bugs, please post them. I might have overlooked something.

The game can be downloaded here : GP2x File Archive
Or from here : My Server

ScreenShot1.png

Very fun game, and nicely polished! The fun is instant, I had a grin on my face within 10 seconds of starting which is always a good sign. The different play modes are appreciated (and they're all good). I can see big replay value in this already.

I need good, quick play games for my periodic ciggie breaks from the office. This joins Protozoa & Alex's Falldown in my top selection. Thank you! :)

PS. Props on the cute name as well (the game that is :p). Always nice to see some thought go into this, as opposed to clunky strings of characters or clone names. :)

Very nice game Imerion, it's addicting and very polished! I really like the grid effect, it has a special feel. So far I only played the Fixed mode because I was half asleep and the changing controls were too much for me, so thanks for including it :D

PS: if this is only a diversion, I look forward even more to your bigger projects :)

Edit: I found a small bug, if you press Start or Select while the menu animation loads, you can't select a different option until the menu loads again.

Nice game, I played quite a bit of it for the first time last night and it's good fun. Only one single thing I had a problem with, on my F100 the main menu selector controls were a bit finicky and sometimes the cursor would leap around but it wasn't a showstopper.

Thanks for all nice comments!

I will have a look at the menu-bugs. Shouldn't be any problems to fix. I also found a way to make the background-gfx a bit nicer, which I will implement. The PC-version has the floor lighting up when in contact with both player, enemies and particles. The current GP2X version is limited to the player, but I should be able to implement the rest as well now without slowdown, which will make the game much prettier.

Also, a friend of mine suggested a new scoring system, where you gain more points if you pick up score faster. This would make it much more challenging. As it is now, score can only increase by a tiny amount each time you beat your record, which quite quickly reaches a limit which will be hard to break. What do you think, would such a system be a good addition?

Back