Friq Release

Id like the source. Id like to find out how you did the physics.

Great Game. My dad is addicted to it, and he doesnt like any video games EVER except for tempest

zacaj said:
Id like the source. Id like to find out how you did the physics.

Great Game. My dad is addicted to it, and he doesnt like any video games EVER except for tempest
Thanks :) The source is one hell of a mess, so you might not find it helpful. I got the physics from this page: http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Classes/MATH1...nsend/math.html (you'll need some understanding of vector and matrix math, but not a lot).

The source code for friq 07 can be found here. The physics are mostly handled in friq_blob.c. If you have any questions either post them here or PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
zacaj said:
How would I compile it?
I use Code::Blocks RC4, provided by Yaustar (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=ST&f=45&t=38243). Open the cbp file and press Ctrl+F11 to recompile. To run it on windows, you must first compile it as x86 code (Build > Select Target > Release-x86) and then put all the resources (from the normal release) in the right place (like the DLLs from C:\MinGW\bin in the \Release folder and the font file, bitmaps and sounds in \Release\res).

Sebastian: can I enquire about the licences of the media that come with the binary :-

sample.ogg came from thefreesoundproject and is Creative Commons Sampling 1.0.

alpha04.ttf I believe came from ttffonts.de, kostenlos (free of charge), licence unspecified (unknown).

What is the licence of game.bmp and logo.bmp which I guess you made? You can 'GPL 3.0' those if you want :)

What is the licence of the remaining snd_*.wav files?

Regards

Thunor said:
Sebastian: can I enquire about the licences of the media that come with the binary :-

sample.ogg came from thefreesoundproject and is Creative Commons Sampling 1.0.

alpha04.ttf I believe came from ttffonts.de, kostenlos (free of charge), licence unspecified (unknown).

What is the licence of game.bmp and logo.bmp which I guess you made? You can 'GPL 3.0' those if you want :)

What is the licence of the remaining snd_*.wav files?

Regards
Why do you ask? :)

I believe I also supplied the link for the original file on which sample.ogg is based. I got it from tfsp and edited it with Audacity.

The font (alpha04.ttf) has been on my harddisk for a long time. It came from one of the free font websites, can't remember which one. It came in a .zip file without any license or readme, so I can't tell you the license nor the creator unfortunately.

Indeed, I have made the game.bmp and logo.bmp. Hell, they're nothing special, so consider them GPL'ed (meaning you can use them any way you like). The sound files came from http://www.freesoundfiles.tintagel.net/Aud...e-files-clicks/, where they are "believed to be in the public domain, for use without restriction". No license specified.

I've tried my best not to violate any authors' rights. If I (unintentionally) did, please notify me so I can correct the release.

Oh, and thanks for letting me know about the .gpe file. You're mentioned in the readme :)

Sebastian said:
Why do you ask? :)

I've tried my best not to violate any authors' rights. If I (unintentionally) did, please notify me so I can correct the release.

Oh, and thanks for letting me know about the .gpe file. You're mentioned in the readme :)
I ask because the readme (thanks for the acknowledgement :) ) only mentioned the licence of the sample. I think it would be nice to modify it to run on other Linux platforms and I just wanted to be clear what the licences were.

Regards

Back to my comments at the start of this post...

I have been playing this more now and it really grows on you ! :)
I think the game being so lite and minimal is part of its charm and what i said before is kinda pointless !

Also you already have a highscore feature, sorry about being a little dumb lol.

Lives are a cool idea though.

flammablepiss said:
Back to my comments at the start of this post...

I have been playing this more now and it really grows on you ! :)
I think the game being so lite and minimal is part of its charm and what i said before is kinda pointless !

Also you already have a highscore feature, sorry about being a little dumb lol.

Lives are a cool idea though.
Thanks. Nice to see people are enjoying it :)

Lives have been added to beta 07. At the title-screen, you can change the rotation with X and the game mode with Y; toggles between "normal" and "lives" mode. You'll start with one life, and one is added for each three blobs you destroy.

Btw, the highscores are specific to each rotation, so the game saves 4 highscores.

zacaj said:
Was it on multi lives mode?
Which rotation?

11 is my best on single life, standard rotation.

Back