Freesci Released

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello,
Well, I guess I'll post the first GP2X news here :p I released freesci for the GP2X the other day, you can download it here:http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,1,2690. Note that on the F200, the volume is way too loud, so I have it turn the volume down (usually to mute, but it might not totally mute if your sound is at full on the GP2X, can't quite remember) right off the start. Other than that check out the README for usage info, and check freesci's homepage for information regarding the games compatible and such.

A big thanks goes out to Waltervn (aka The Phantom) for doing the majority of the port's beginning work, I just tweaked it and made the F200's touchscreen work, etc.

Have a good one!
TJ Hooka

Space Quest 3 :D

shot15_0000.png

All controls and text input have been implemented beautifully. Fun to play with USB keyboard & mouse too.

Yeah, thanks for this, Hooka. Here are 2 more great working games:

Larry 3:

ls1.png

ls2.png

Police Quest 2:

pq1.png

pq2.png

Regards,
Stephan

Just tried it. Seems the menu can't find the gamefiles. Probably something wrong with my config file.

I have my games in
/games/freesci/ (do they need to be extracted?)

config file has only one line: menu_dir="."

I also tried adding this in the config file:
$(INSTALLEDDIR)="/games/FreeSCI/"

Pretty sure this should be something else.

bob: the games do need to be extracted ;)
Other than that, no you don't need to make any changes to the config file (although you can if you want nice background filtering, etc.) so I'd suggestion removing the lines you added, $INSTALLEDDIR was a placeholder to say where you had installed freesci...

I probably messed things up by changing the config file. After reinstalling everything worked as described.
Works pretty good, sound is indeed a bit too loud and also stutters but it is very playable. Very nice work on the controls.
Tried sq1 (vga version), looks and plays fine.
Thanks a lot!

Back