Freesci Beta

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
I recently picked up work on the GP2X ports of Freesci, so I decided to give you guys a little tester while I work through my list of "need to do's" for an actual release.

Glutton is the newer, yet more unstable branch of Freesci. It has some nice features, but it maybe impossible to finish games, no savestates, etc.

On the GP2X you have a few different input methods, and you can change between them using select. Please read the README.GP2X for more info. For general freesci info, check the respective versions README.

You can D/L it here!

very sweet :)

i saw KQ4 after looong time .. out of my pocket experience :)
waiting for fixes and "final" version Hooka

The Phantom says he ported freesci ages ago but never released it - if you do a freesci search the post is on there, its in a thread about ScummVM. Maybe you could get in touch with him.

I'd never heard of freesci but obviously am familiar with the leisure suit larry games and KQ and PQ - would be amazing to see them on the 2X, I imagine interest will grow once the touchscreen is released.

Keep it up!

InsertFaveGameNameHere said:
The Phantom says he ported freesci ages ago but never released it - if you do a freesci search the post is on there, its in a thread about ScummVM. Maybe you could get in touch with him.
Actually, I personally asked Hooka to take over both the GP32 and GP2X ports of FreeSCI. ;) Hookas GP2X port is based on the unreleased port that I did over a year ago.

Basically the current situation is that Hooka now officially maintains the GP32 and GP2X ports. I'm not sure if the GP32 port will be continued though, that's up to Hooka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah thats good news. Glad its being resurrected as opposed to having two versions existing when they could be merged into one, better version. :)

Yeah, lots of credit due to ThePhantom (aka WalterVN), sorry I forgot to mention that here... it's in the readme.gp2x though

Back