FreeDroidRPG

I started playing it some time ago, but the level of propaganda in it made it difficult to enjoy. Maybe it's worth another look now.

I'll have a look at the source in the next few days and see what the requirements are. May be a simple recompile away.

I started playing it some time ago, but the level of propaganda in it made it difficult to enjoy. Maybe it's worth another look now.

I'll have a look at the source in the next few days and see what the requirements are. May be a simple recompile away.

lol, yes it seems completly rotten with propaganda... it's a shame, it looks great otherwise... guess it's that kind of thing that make windows user think that linux people are all nerds...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried a straight recompile. I don't have a Pandora, so can't test it, but it might work if I got all the flags right.

It's a big file (132Mo tbz2, so only download if you know how to run apps that are not PND'ed, and thus show mercy to my internet connection.)

EDIT: Removed redundant 'flags'.

Downloading. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks!

edit: It's a start. I needed to specify -n (no opengl) and -r 0 (640x480 resolution), but it started. Progress bar showed it loading, it reached 100%, and segfaulted.

At least it ran from a straight recompile. That suggests it shouldn't be too difficult to get working. All dependencies are in place at least.

Downloading. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks!

edit: It's a start. I needed to specify -n (no opengl) and -r 0 (640x480 resolution), but it started. Progress bar showed it loading, it reached 100%, and segfaulted.

At least it ran from a straight recompile. That suggests it shouldn't be too difficult to get working. All dependencies are in place at least.

This bodes well, thanks for taking the time.

Hey! I'm one of the people who works on the game. We are working to expand the story, which should tone-down the anti-MS stuff a bit.

I think that it would be nice to get it running on your platform here. It runs on the second generation (1.6Ghz Atom) EEE pcs, so I think that it ought to work on your platform.

It's a start. I needed to specify -n (no opengl) and -r 0 (640x480 resolution), but it started. Progress bar showed it loading, it reached 100%, and segfaulted.

Please try to reproduce this with the the development version:

Code:
svn co https://freedroid.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/freedroid freedroid

Last October the "release version" was 0.13 (SVN 2324 from last January). Currently (3/20/2011) we are at SVN 4174, a good bit of that has included performance upgrades, so things may have changed.

If you can reproduce the segfault in the development version, please send the segfault data to us via mailing list or irc along with a short description of what you are trying to do here, and we might be able to help you out a bit.

Additionally, we are working on adding SDL joystick support. However it looks like OpenPandora has mapped the joystick as a series of SDL Buttons, resulting in a button order fairly different than the xbox controller or wii pad. I guess at some point we will have to allow remapping of the SDL buttons in-game.

As always, we welcome contributions and feedback!

Thank you all for your time!

Back