Omg Stupid Emails

Steve-O

Ok, I advertised my TC3 RC Car on a Free RC Car Advertising site and I got this Email sent to me about it -

-------------------------------------------------

Good Day,
As regards to your advert on web for sale TC3 RC Car, which i will like to know the last price, present condition and if you accept a certified cheque issue from United Kingdom bank. If this is okay by you do get back to me with your full name, contact address and your telephone number for the cheque to be issue in your name. Hope to hear from you soonest
Best Regards.
Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------

I sent one back saying I wanted £80 area and got this back -

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the mail , the price is okay by my client
and i am ready to purchase from you immiately, i will
offer you £80 for your TC3 RC Car, and i want you to
delete the ad from the website, i have a reputable
shipper that will take good care of shipping from your
location, i want to let you know i have an business
associate in you state that is oweing me a sum of
£2,500, i will instruct him to issue you a certified
cheque on my behalf and as soon as cheque arrives,and
it clear in your bank bcos it take 1-3 working days
before the clearing of the cheque, as soon as he
clear, you hold out your selling amount i offered you,
and send the difference to my shipper via WESTERN
UNION MONEY TRANSFER for the shippement in your
location, also you will be contacting my shipper with
all neccesary information needed for pick up in your
location i.e the actual weight and exact dimension of
the TC3 RC Car... if this terms are okay by you, do
get back to me with the following details listed
below:
Home Address...
Full Name on cheque...
State...Zipcode. ..Country...
Telephone Number...
Mobilephone number...
Fax Number...
Do get back to me asap with this details for payment
to be made out to you immediately, Waiting to hear
from you ASAP.
N:T I will offer you £20 for you to have the advert
delete from web and considered it sold to me. Cheers

--------------------------------------------------

I dont Even live in a State We live in Counties in the UK :lol:

Silly people, Why Send £2,500 and make me send £2,420 back :p

Damn them con people :p

Yeah someone did this when trying to buy my sisters car. They sent us a check for more and said we needed to send the rest back to them with the car. The check was a fake, so they get a free car and money. Anyways, we didn't fall for it, and the same people had scammed countless other people doing the same thing

pubjoe posted on Sep 1 2004 at 10:32 PM said:
What did you reply with? "Wouldn't it be easier to just post it?" ?

havent replied yet :D

Yup, They are anoying. We got one ages ago saying they want to give us £1,000,000 and when they get into the country we have to send it to them or something silly like that :p

Last edited by a moderator:
someone pulled that when I was selling my amp online. They hunt out "higher value" items for sale and try and launder money through you. In my case the "client" was a rich businessmen temporarily away in S. Africa <_<

he wanted to transfer £2000 into my account, I was then supposed to take off the value of the amp and transfer the money into another account...Of course this had "illegitimate" written all over it...so I asked for more money hahaha and quickly followed that up with a reply saying I was joking and would not even consider doing business with the guy...

Have people actually been scammed by these types of people, i mean any person with common sense surely wouldn't go through with it, maybe the frail and elderly sometimes get confused with these sorts of things, but i put this down to them being too trusting of people, back in their day there probably weren't as many of these types of people around now though they're everywhere some amazingly hold power within the government :eek: (not so surprising).
I think you should send them an e-mail back saying this:

I am happy with the arrangments you have made and I'm more than happy to send the extra money back to you no questions asked, but im curious as to how many people you have conned before using these sort of methods and would also like to point out that you will not be able to scam me out of my RC and money as i live in a county in the UK not a state in the US. I would like you to send the cheque to this adress:
Mr. Stu Pid
100 liketobeconned lane
Little Sense
Scamshire
S3N S3L355

If you do decide to send them that you should post your reply, not that you would send them that. :p

LOL.. I might send that Email :D hehe

It would be funny to see the reply..

I think I will do it :D

Back