Uk Forumites Help Me Get A Mac Mini!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaijin

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey People, I'm gonna try for a bit of forum power here and maybe help a few others on their way to getting a shiny new Mac Mini for free

Okay here's the deal, there is a promotions company offering a free G4 powerPc Mac mini to anyone in the uk who signs up with them and and one of the companys they are promoting, I am not the sort to usually try this sort of thing so I did a bit of independant research to check it's authenticity, try it yourself.

So to give an example of how it works this is what I did:

First I signed myself up via the referal link that I saw on another forum getting myself on the ladder and the original referee one of the 10 referals he needs (good for both of us) see my link to the site.

Secondly I signed up to Screenselect.co.uk (A reputable DVD rental company so you know this is not a scam) for a free 30 day trial cancellable at any time although you do need to provide credit card details to do so, they are not going to abuse it.
This trial will need to run for a minimum of 5 days for the referee to get a credit after which you can cancel scott free!
Screenselect by the way are just one of a number of companies you can choose from but I chose them because of their excellent reputation and I have to say that the service so far has been great with my first selection showing up only 2 days after I joined, no limit to how long you keep them and free postage both ways.

And that's it in a nutshell, so what I'm asking for here is anyone who would be kind enough to sign up for one yourselves, either because you would like to get one too or just out of the kindness of your hearts!
The only possible effects of this I can forsee are an increase in marketing spam to the e-mail address you provide (Solution use a free e-mail account like hotmail) and a slight increase in postal marketing rubbish (I think we all receive this anyway so I doubt anyone will even notice) to date I have to say that this hasn't happened to me.

Just follow the link below:

MacMini Giveaway

And see this site for evidence of authenticity, check out the BBC newsnight piece or just google for yourselves:

Mac Mini giveaway Information

N.B please don't flame me for posting this, If you don't want to participate then that's fine but some of you might want to!

flame... flame flame flame, flame flame! flame off!!!

Seriously, these "deals" are mostly scams... this is like the same shit as all the other "free iPod", "free PSP", "free woop-dee-fucking-blah" offers out there...
and if you don't wanna get flamed, then don't try to get people to sign up for scams so that you can mooch off a new gadget... if you wanna get away from bill's evil OS, then just fetch a copy of kubuntu linux or a similar distro.

EDIT: Hmm... I decided to be mild and express my sympathy for you, since you admitt that these companies mostly gather email adresses for spam etc... you really are not trying to scam anybody yourself. But I would like to warn you: have you read their rules? Have you read the terms of agreement closely? There might be loopholes and they often won't deliver any free product worth the effort at all...

5. One person may not have more then 1 account at MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk, even if they provide different shipping addresses. If a person is suspected of having more then one account, all suspicious accounts will be placed on hold. There is no guarantee that they will ever be taken off of hold.
Does this mean that they can decide if they want to suspect you to have applied twice? Yes it probably does... they might just think up a reason, maybe they won't even have to provide one to put your account on hold.

8. By registering for an account on MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk, you agree to receive any 3rd party messages that we wish to send to you. Including, but not limited to, 3rd party advertisements and offers.
Spammania!!! But you already mentioned that yourself... I would not recommend to sign up with an actual account...

1. Receiving credit for an offer can not be guaranteed. If you believe that you have completed an offer correctly, please open a support ticket with your name, account name, e-mail address, offer completed, and the date that you have completed the offer. We will try to give you credit for that offer, but we can not guarantee that you will receive any form of credit.
Haha, good luck sending all those complaint "tickets"... receiving credit not guaranteed... blabla is what I am calling it...

4. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk is not responsible for any unknown or unexpected charges that you receive from one or more of our offers. Read the offers terms and conditions before signing up.
sounds dangerous to me. If they aren't going to scam you, maybe the affiliates will.

1. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk can not guarantee the availability of a product at the time of order. If a product is unavailable, you will be contacted and given an alernative option.
Yeah... so what if they don't have a minimac in stock when you want yours? Will you be given the option to receive a free macintosh anniversary box of mints?

2. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk does not take returns or exchanges.
Hmm... kind of suspicious too... what if the unit you receive is broken? Not necessarily on purpose but what if it gets damaged during transport or something?

1. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk is allowed to place any account on hold for any reason.

2. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk is allowed to deny credit for any offer for any reason.
Come on! Think this over! Is it worth the effort, or are you being f*ed like a bitch? I would say the latter is the actual case... even if a bunch of people have succeeded in getting a minimac for free, maybe you will be only succeeding in making a pitiful moron out of yourself.

Anyway, try your luck and if you should receive something someday, then tell me and show me a photo of you and your minimac embracing each other happily. I will then start to cry out of embarrassmennt but until this day has not come, I am not believing a single word...

These things actually do work occasionally, apparently:
http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/49/42/

Posting these on most boards will get you flamed to death, though. I've never done one of these offers just because it seems like it would be less of a pain to get the money for the product and buy it.

Axeman posted on Mar 29 2006 at 07:50 PM said:
Closed - for obvious reasons.
Also, to discourage this kind of thing from happening again, I will remove the referral codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back