Japanese Rpg Announced For Xbox360

markusdragon

FI5H Agent
Website
Visit site
Details are emerging about the nature of what could well be one of the most eagerly awaited titles for the Xbox 360. Coming from Mistwalker, the studio setup by Final Fantasy supremo Hironobu Sakaguchi and fellow ex-SquareSoft designers, this new game will be an important weapon in Microsoft's attempt to make the 360 a viable machine in Japan.

Not to be confused with a brand of Oriental food products, Blue Dragon will be an action RPG that centres around three main characters. The lead character is named Shu, a "rough-and-tumble" type who loves to jump into the thick of the action. He'll be joined by Kruck, a sophisticated young lady and Jiro, an expert in gadgetry. All three characters are children.

"I've made many RPGs in my past, but I'm planning to make Blue Dragon the most satisfying in terms of volume," says Sakaguchi. "It will have many adventures and tricks that can only be featured in video games. Please look forward to it."

No release date has even been mooted but we'll keep you informed of details as they are slowly released into the wild.

-Ferrago

Should be interesting, what with Sakaguchi heading up the team. Bet it still won't win them many points in Japan, though.

Turn based? Nah, that is old time. That is a hold over from when computers were too graphically weak to do real time, like on the old Apple IIs etc. They weren't interactive enough, it was like watching the game play itself. Selecting from menus is good for word processors, but games ? Bah.

DaveC posted on May 4 2005 at 12:29 AM said:
Turn based? Nah, that is old time. That is a hold over from when computers were too graphically weak to do real time, like on the old Apple IIs etc. They weren't interactive enough, it was like watching the game play itself. Selecting from menus is good for word processors, but games ? Bah.

Yeah right, DaveC <_<

Turnbased doesn't mean it's bad. Infact, I enjoy plaing turn based RPGs rather than realtime ones, as realtime RPGs are more like action games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horscht posted on May 4 2005 at 05:30 PM said:
DaveC posted on May 4 2005 at 12:29 AM said:
Turn based?  Nah, that is old time.  That is a hold over from when computers were too graphically weak to do real time, like on the old Apple IIs etc.  They weren't interactive enough, it was like watching the game play itself.  Selecting from menus is good for word processors, but games ? Bah.

Yeah right, DaveC <_<

Turnbased doesn't mean it's bad. Infact, I enjoy plaing turn based RPGs rather than realtime ones, as realtime RPGs are more like action games.

I guess it is a matter of opinion. I just think selecting from menus and then watching the computer fight for you is rather dull.

mattmagoo posted on May 4 2005 at 02:25 PM said:
anyone who believes turnbased is still worthy in modern times should play Tales of Symphonia

it has one of the gretest combat systems in an RPG
I have Tales Of Symphonia and while it is generally ace I would still take a classic system like Final Fantasy 7s any day. Its just thats the kind of gamer I am.

firefly1201 posted on May 5 2005 at 06:04 PM said:
I love the turnbased sytem, personally. Mmm... Final Fantasy VII...
Yup yup, give me FFX over Zelda any day.

FFX was aight..towards the end it was more like a chore for me to finish :p

last good turnbased rpgs i really enjoyed were grandia 2 and skies of arcadia....that was ages ago, though. i don't have the patience for these games anymore :(

I found FFX ok to complete but ff9 just got repetive for me too the end, I quit at disc 3 because I just couldn't hack the world map. And FFX2 seemed like a chore too.
Give Zelda over FFX anyday but ff7/8 over zelda

Has anyone ever played Unlimited Saga, I done one battle and took it back, I felt so lied too by the adverts and intro movie

Back