Found The Perfect Reviewer

Awakening

Website
www.digitalawakening.se
While surfing around YouTube I found a cute girl doing a review of a digital camera. She does more then that as she's into not only games but open source and Linux :)

As of writing this clip about open source apps from 10 Oct got 115'853 views! That would be some pretty good exposure for the Pandora. And her videos got good quality.

If she presented the Pandora in one of her videos, it would be great!

By the way, all those "wobbly window effects", will I also have them on the Pandora?

Compiz and every other compositing manager requires your DDX and 3D driver to combined support AIGLX, which ours do not... and they're proprietary...

Yahtzee 4 Life! Who needs "cute" (she's not) girls talking about games 'n' sheet, when you can have ugly blokes with no sense of personal style but a brilliant sense of humour!

Meh she's quite cute but sooooooo f**king dull the only inflection in her voice comes from her accent and it gets worse on her voice overs

zhasha said:
Compiz and every other compositing manager requires your DDX and 3D driver to combined support AIGLX, which ours do not... and they're proprietary...
compiz has undergone a complete re-write & it's requirements have been loosened quite a bit. I posted on their forums a while back & never really got a concrete answer, but afaics the only major hurdle is opengl -> opengles related. It would require effort, but it certainly seems do-able.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again; Once the groundwork is laid down it really would be in the best interest of the community to look into a port. Compiz would provide a lot more than eye-candy in our situation; it'd up the usability of desktop mode considerably imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if the OP team doesn't ask her to review a unit they're retarded. Hot girls that like open source? Over 100,000 views on a lot of her videos? LOOK AT HER!!! Then actually listen to a few of her reviews, she's not stupid. In Germany how the government started using Linux is they got cute girls to teach the 'men' how to use it. The guys walked away thinking 'If she can do it I can, wow she was hot'. If it wasn't for that a lot of people at the time said it wouldn't have succeeded. Same principle here, cute girl introduces a gadget based on that 'hard to use' OS that only sells 1/3 as well as Windows on netbooks, guys think 'I can use that if she can, wow she's hot'.

Screw Pandor-tan, I think we found our Mascot!

What with the tan thread and this, these forums are starting to look like a virgin support group :D

She seems a little... not quite the word I'm looking for but the only thing I can think of: boring.
She seems to know what she's talking about, but in trying to make the review interesting, she went too far. For example, the recent video on open source, the lead up was huge. It's basically 20 seconds of her trying to get people to think "Firefox" with no real clues. And don't make me count the number of times she paused or said "uhh" or otherwise hesitated to collect her thoughts.
That being said, getting a review out of her might be a great gimmick, I'm just contesting the "Perfect Reviewer" statement; there are a few reviewers I think could do a lot more justice to the Pandora than she could. Drop one in Carmack's lap, for example. ;)

Chris Pirillo is the man to send a Pandora. He's an internet legend for geeks as a few of his youtube stats below show.

Name:
Chris
Channel Views:
Total Upload Views:

Subscribers:

Everyone knows I'm the perfect person to send a review unit to. No prior experience at all or anything. But I could do with a pandora for a day or two until my ordered one arrives.

clippa said:
What with the tan thread and this, these forums are starting to look like a virgin support group :D
haha sometimes i wish i was a virgin

BaDToaD said:
Chris Pirillo is the man to send a Pandora.
Certainly not.

All he does now is advertise for money, he wont review or even show the logo of something unless he's been paid to do so. He wont give an honest opinion, just say it's good, or excellent if you pay him enough.

If you're wanting some easy publicity to gullible idiots, fine, but if you're wanting someone to actually show off how good the pandora is, get someone else.

My vote goes to Mobile Chic, http://www.youtube.com/user/m0bilechic She only does cell phone reviews, but the Pandora is mobile, so maybe she would make an exeption! ;)

Chris

Tokiopop said:
BaDToaD said:
Chris Pirillo is the man to send a Pandora.
Certainly not.

All he does now is advertise for money, he wont review or even show the logo of something unless he's been paid to do so. He wont give an honest opinion, just say it's good, or excellent if you pay him enough.

If you're wanting some easy publicity to gullible idiots, fine, but if you're wanting someone to actually show off how good the pandora is, get someone else.
Leo Laporte!

jumpman said:
My vote goes to Mobile Chic, http://www.youtube.com/user/m0bilechic She only does cell phone reviews, but the Pandora is mobile, so maybe she would make an exeption! ;)

Chris
Forget it!
None of those chicks will ever even come close to our ED :D

Back