Found The Perfect Reviewer

I think Davec would be the perfect reviewer but maybe he'd be a little biased since he's involved. Send one to Charlie Brooker, can't do any harm can it?

krosfyah said:
Tokiopop said:
BaDToaD said:
Chris Pirillo is the man to send a Pandora.
Certainly not.

All he does now is advertise for money, he wont review or even show the logo of something unless he's been paid to do so. He wont give an honest opinion, just say it's good, or excellent if you pay him enough.

If you're wanting some easy publicity to gullible idiots, fine, but if you're wanting someone to actually show off how good the pandora is, get someone else.
Leo Laporte!

Agreed - even a mention on TWiT would get huge publicity and if he likes it - way more. Giving him a unit to look at or keep would be well worth it imho. From wikipedia:

As well as having been ranked #1 on Podcast Alley, Yahoo Podcasts, and the iTunes Podcast Directory (where it records around 315,000 downloads a week), it has also won two Podcast Awards, as both the "People's Choice" and as "Best Technology Podcast". this WEEK in TECH also made Time Magazine's Top 10 Podcasts of 2006, ranked 9th.[1] It also won Podcast of the Year from the 2007 Weblog Awards.[2]

EDIT: Or Ashens. Just because that would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
jumpman said:
My vote goes to Mobile Chic, http://www.youtube.com/user/m0bilechic She only does cell phone reviews, but the Pandora is mobile, so maybe she would make an exeption! ;)

Chris
Forget it!
None of those chicks will ever even come close to our ED :D
Of course not! ED has the far most longer Hair than all the Chicks. :lol: ED allone keeps the Shampoo Industry alive! ;)

still i like the girl from 1e post the most, she's the most beautiful :)

I do think a anime character would still be welcome though. Especially some wallpapers of the girl Tj made.

But a review from that woman would be cool, she seems good at it to!

Oh god that girl was so dull. It seemed as if she was struggling to read her script off of the monitor. Don't let her review the pandora, she will just scare people away.

I think it would be cool if we let Ashens do a review though :p

One should be sent to Patrick Norton and Veronica Belmont (at least to Veronica) over at Tekzilla (Revision3)...Veronica...mmmmm....Uh, sorry...yes, honey, I'll be done typing in a minute.... :blink:
A lot of people watch that show too. Or maybe send on to Diggnation or The Totally Rad Show (the latter of which does video game reviews and might be interested in showing the system)

Any of these shows has a decently large following and are related in personnel to those on Twit (or are sometimes guests as many of them worked together on TechTV)

Couldn't hurt for the Team to send them a message seeing if they would agree to give it some exposure if they sent them a unit.

Lol how bizarre. I came across this girls blog last week when looking for an open source alternative to Wordpress.

I like Chris Pirillo! But maybe Leo Laporte would be better. It would be sweet to see it on Diggnation, though! Or even on Jimmy Fallon with Topolsky talking about it... :rolleyes:

InfoMania's Ben Hoffman would certainly give it and interesting review.

The attention gained from either of the female reviewers might be nice, but I think there have been much better options presented, for example trying to get on TWiT.

For the nixie pixel chica, the early bit of the firefox video was just painful. While I felt she did a much better job on her kodak zi8 review, there were several points where I felt she didn't really know what she was talking about.

Mobilechic was alright, but I really wasn't blown away by her.

I highly support the idea of an Ashens review.

edgex004, Ben Hoffman is quite funny, might get quite a lot of attention, but it wouldn't be too informative(in my idea).
Funny though, thanks for sharing ;)

Awakening said:
While surfing around YouTube I found a cute girl doing a review of a digital camera. She does more then that as she's into not only games but open source and Linux :)

As of writing this clip about open source apps from 10 Oct got 115'853 views! That would be some pretty good exposure for the Pandora. And her videos got good quality.

Tweeterman would be a good person to do a review as well. He reviews game hardware on youtube and is fairly popular.

Wow.

Guys, just because you want to date her doesn't mean she's good at reviewing stuff.

Exophase said:
Wow.

Guys, just because you want to date her doesn't mean she's good at reviewing stuff.

Yeah, but I presume this is one of those strategies that can help sell those Pandora's, 'Sex Sells' they say. But we're in an era where females are becoming more and more involved in the 'nerdy' 'geek' stuff so this might not apply ... as much :p Soon we'll start seeing hunky sporty guys doing this stuff.

I really don't think Pandora needs help being sold right now. The first batch is booked, I'm sure the second one will be, especially if it gets good feedback, so yeah.

Exophase said:
I really don't think Pandora needs help being sold right now.
Well in that case the community won't need her, I'll take her then.

Once the Pandora MP is more up and running and can be bought directly (instead of preordering) it would be really good to have a couple of popular YT shows do reviews. If they do positive reviews then it would be really good exposure, highly effective and low cost.

Sadly Community Channel doesn't do reviews, she got over half a million subscribers. She certainly is not boring. Some of her videos (probably thanks to their names) have over 2 million views :)

I live a stone's throw from Ashens, if I could get in touch with him I'd try and get a Pandora review arranged - but it doesn't quite "fit" with his reviews of useless tat from Poundland, Christmas shops and Chinese knock-off factories.

He's a damned sight more interesting than those two "chicks", who I find about as attractive as the rear end of a bus. Maybe I'm just confused?

Actually I think Stephen Fry would be the best person to send a review unit too :) his review of the Blackberry Storm was spot on, although less so than his review of the Da Vinci Code review "Arse gravy, Toilet water of the worst kind"

Back