FOSDEM report?

Was no-one else surprised by the end ;)

craig pandora.jpg

^ No, I knew Craig was behind this all along. In fact he told me about it months ago while we were visiting our mutual friends Lord Lucan and Amelia Earhart. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys know some examples of cases made by our new deliverer "Form Action"?

They've mostly done things in Greece, so nothing you probably know, but I've visited them last week and we saw a lot of things in their showroom :)

Why do you ask? Just check the webpage:  http://www.formaction.gr/gallery.html  They make Lorem Ipsum.

Kidding aside, these are some basic things they produce.

img05.jpg
img03.jpg

So they use a CAD program to create the moulds, and here we see some end results which look pretty nice...

slide02.jpg

See those plastic stars to the right? With its mould.... ahh ... a shiny white DBP....

The SoC is the only "weak" point of the device for me.
True! But it's the only option we (as ED and community) have...

I also start saving to buy the new Pyra, and hope to see it soon (maybe in this 2014.. :rolleyes: )

I'm very curious. Does form action do low volume production at affordable prices?

What is their minimum order quantity, for say the pyra case or something similar?

ED, could you confirm what color was chosen for the Pyra case?

It'll be prototypes only at this stage, so colour doesn't matter. In fact, most prototypes are made in odd and unusual colours, so that you know at a glance once production starts what's a prototype case and what's a real one. No need to choose yet, as long as you make your prototype colour wacky enough.

So it's good news that ED is hoping to fit a GPS module in there. I hope he's also planning to include a digital compass (perhaps as part of that GPS module, dunno), since that speeds up navigation quite a bit in my experience.

I hope in memory of the failed GHz Pandora Color, the Pyra sould finaly get ED's idea of an proper case color: anthrazit! :) Would look pretty unique if done properly, not as boring as plain black/white.

I don't think a final color has been chosen. In fact ED mentioned during FOSDEM that the chosen case creator should be able to produce smaller "special editions", too. Like runs of (significantly) less than 50 cases in some specific colors.

Anthrazit would still be my favourite colour and it's a shame, that the chinese wanted to get rid of their silver/grey, as it seems.

Hmm, grey/silver I'd expect to look like what they call 'gunmetal grey'.  Is Anthrazit that colour, or more lustrous like coal is?

Hmm, looking a google images for 'anthrazit' it's like a darkish gunmetal grey without the lustre of coal when used on cars.  Might even have a slight 'metallic' sheen, it's hard to tell from still images.

dude! That totally rocks! (get it? get it?)... ah... I'll shut up now.

I just hope it's white plastic... although those get dirty very fast....

Back