Release Forget Me Not - new shooter/maze game from Nyarla Labs

I can't believe that after all the noise I made about Pandora control compatibility, I failed to notice that player one is on DPAD (on the left) and player two is on ABXY (on the right), and the scores are on the opposite side of the screen.... :)

I was ready to point it out [revenge, revenge is mine :) ], but You already noticed it :) .

BTW. Using 'O' key- as option button isnt good idea..

overall its nice to have another indie game on OP.. and few new will come soon..

Ok - I use SELECT to quit to menu when paused, so I was reluctant to use that. I could use ESC when paused, however - would SELECT be better?

D.

Ok, that's done. I'll start a new release thread shortly when I've uploaded the changes. I've done quite a lot - hope Nyarla doesn't mind :)

D.

I have never heard of this game before but it looks interesting, definitely a game I'll be checking out when I get my Pandora.

Ian

I need to get in touch with the original author, Nyarla, before I release these changes. Basically:

1. Fixed options controls (thanks, StreaK)

2. Changed pause exit to ESC, then ESC again at menu to quit

3. Added Survival and Shuffle gameplay modes

4. Added three scoreboards for each game type

5. Fixed player scores and suchlike positions from left to right to match control layout

6. Removed keyboard highscore entry for 2 player games, still enabled for one player

Thing is, Nyarla might have had good reasons for removing these things and so I need his blessing before I release it. If it's all ok (I chat with him via email and on the llamasoft IRC channel) then I'll upload tomorrow.

D.

could you not keep the p2 high score entry incase p2 does better than p1? just allwo use of the keyboard for entry or the player buttons ?

could you not keep the p2 high score entry incase p2 does better than p1? just allwo use of the keyboard for entry or the player buttons ?

The problem is that at the end of the game (both players dead) both input their names at the same time. When I'm better with C++ I'll see about having them input in turn, but for now if I enable keyboard entry, both players get the key events, so both names end up the same.

D.

Right, I've been in touch with Nyarla and have his blessing to release these new changes, but there's a small texture glitch in the hurry-up ghost that needs to be fixed. I've been given some clues as to what might be wrong, so it should be an easy fix. There's also an issue with lighting in a darkened maze which I want to address; the current behaviour is by design though, so I might not keep any changes I make there.

New release will be up soon, but I have these other things to sort. All bugs and issues that have been brought to my attention have been fixed though.

D.

Addendum: The difference between the paid-for (iOS) version and the free (PC/Mac) versions is the extra game modes I mentioned above. Because we're effectively getting these for free, I would encourage anyone who downloads the update to donate a small amount (a couple of quid will do) to nyarla, if he agrees to me publishing his paypal address. It really is worth it, and will reimburse him for the lack of a paid option on the pandora.

D.

I will certainly donate, If he wants to sign up to the repo I can transfer the app to him (giving you maintainer access of course) which will allow him to add a donate button to the repo for his game.

An absolutely delightful game, and I'm very, very happy to see this on Pandora .. makes coming back to the Pandora (been on a hiatus) scene very worthwhile to see stuff like this bouncing around! Nice one ZXDunny!

@torpor I believe you have some of craigs (wizzley presto etc) games ported to pandora for us? :) is that true?

welcome back btw :p

milkshake: not there yet, but dizzy wizards is playable at least. I have to sync up with Craig on things - he and I sort of fell out of touch recently when I left the Pandora scene for a little while ..

Back