For Those Who Have Tried To Upgrade To V1.01

DynaMight

Website
Visit site
If you have tried to upgrade to v1.01 but couldnt flash the img part due to SD problems and did upgrade the .gpu part then found that the videos didnt work then this may help you out.

I have hacked together this, It basically copies back over the original v1.0 Video/Music players and Ebook viewer

Use at your own risk etc

http://www.gavink.clara.net/Downgrade.rar

P.S. I have used it on my GP2X and it worked fine, videos are now working.

i've tried to do the same thing on my gp2x, but couldn't get it working .. so i'll try this one now and see how it goes. hopefully it'll give me working video again ..

but the other thing i think we need is a collection of known, good, working files, in whatever formats the gp2x currently *can* play .. so if its at all possible that folks have working video's that they -know- work on their gp2x, can we get a list? version info too?

stay tuned .. trying Downgrade.rar now ..

nope, doesn't work for me .. same old story: every file i try "unsupported file format" is the msg ..

u should upgrade to 1.01 torpor, once u get teh message of upgrade firmware at start u can patch, then all should work fine, get a sd of 256 or less

guys, if you get an .avi file to play, can you post a URL to it, or upload it or whatever, as a 'known good working video file' for those of us with non-working video to use to debug things .. ?

torpor posted on Dec 3 2005 at 07:12 PM said:
guys, if you get an .avi file to play, can you post a URL to it, or upload it or whatever, as a 'known good working video file' for those of us with non-working video to use to debug things .. ?

I can verify that the downgrade will reenable video playing after a failed upgrade. Mine finally works!

Someone mod this thread up or post the downgrade file to the files page :)

thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks works perfectly :D I should be getting a new card soon so I can finally update properly

Back