Im 100% Stuck

tkz

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i got my gp2x, it was running 1.0.1 firmware, i updated it to 1.1.0, everything was fine, played drmdx, a video, was working fine, formatted the card to fat32 (its an integral 1GB) then updated the firmware to 1.2.1 using gp2x1.2.1.zip. Things seemed to go ok, i deleted the .img from the card, added gp2xpatch-1.2.1.tar.gz and patch20060107.gpu to the card and rebooted, the green screen said i had the 1.2.1 firmware, i went to the utility menu to run the patch (patch20060107.gpu) but the utility menu was blank, so was games and explorer. I was told by the irc team to try booting up the gp2x without the card in and put it in when booted, i did that and then the patch20060107.gpu was visible in the utility menu, i ran it and it seemed to go fine. I added a mp3 and video and rebooted once again, Again all the menus had nothing in them. After that i tried using robstersKernel1.2.1Update, with exactly the same results. Then i tried the 1.2.0 firmware, got the sme results, then back to 1.1.0, same thing, lastly i went back to the 1.0.1 firmware and yep exactly the same thing, nothing in explorer, games, or utility. I was following the wiki guide to upgrading the gp2x firmware, it said nothing about installing the default skin before upgrading so i didnt, the irc team showed me a better guide and that said you should go back to the original skin, at this point i had only tried upgrading to 1.2.1 once, the other attempts i was following http://www.distant-earth.com/gp2x/. Basically i can upgrade the firmware fine, after that i have to turn it off, take the card out, turn it on, put the card in then i can see things on the card, and run the patch from the utility menu, after rebooting with the card in all sections are completely empty, the NAND and SD are empty, but using the usb card reader there are things on it. This happens with every single firmware version. Please Please Please help :( Its getting very stressful :(

re-format your card, (after copying your files to hard drive) to fat (not 32), then stick your files back on and they should be visable. Ihad a similar problem. :blink:

yeah i had trouble with the firmware not updating the files properly like i upgraded to 1.2.1 then downgraded but some of the 1.2.1 features were still there like browsing the menu with full directions and some of the menus like video pictures still had the sd card as the first choice

weird some of the files might not have updated properly like what happened to mine

I don't see what the purpose of locking the NAND is anyway, supposedly they used some newer NAND that has like a million write cycles anyway, so there should be no issues with it dying.

Back