Flying With Batteries.....

jonlad1

Allo Allo,

Has anyone flown with spare batteries in their carry on luggage? Had any trouble getting through security/bag check etc etc?

I heard some hub bub about lithium batteries getting banned from flights recently....

I'll be flying Perth - Singapore - UK and back again

Anyone have any experience flying with a Pandora battery??

Merci. :pandora2ut4:

I've never had an issue before... but then again I don't fly that often. I am always carrying extra battery for my nokia n800 or sometimes some other electronic I have (camera...).

If you're really concerned I guess the best would be to contact the airline before. That being said if I were you I would just leave it in you backpack... I think it is quite unlikely you'll get in any trouble for this.

I just dont want them taking my spare batteries off me! I'll need them (probably just one actually) for the long haul flight!

Banned you say? I haven't heard anything about that, and I find it a little skeptical. Not even the TSA is stupid enough to tell people to not bring their laptops or iPods on a flight.
All the news I've read has been about tighter regulations for shipping of batteries, large quantities, not the small personal ones people would carry.

Back