First Update From The Road!

JWWargo

Still Fresh
Greetings all,

You may recall me mentioning I planned to do some traveling this summer with my Pandora. I left Albuquerque, NM on May 9th and have since hitchhiked through Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri an am now currently in Nebraska writing to you from a truckstop outside Omaha.

As I travel, I've had opportunities to show off the Pandora to people. My 4 year old nephew in San Antonio preferred playing NES games with me rather than play his Wii!

Just pulling it out in public places usually elicits a question or two from passing people. I've already directed quite a few people to the OpenPandora website.

I'm heading west today, I hope to be in L.A. by June 1st. I'll try to snap a picture of me reciting some of my stories off the Pandora while I'm street performing there.

I also want to mention the Pandora's ruggedness. Unless I'm mistaken, I might be the physically roughest owner of this device. I bought a Nintendo DS soft case for it, and that case goes inside my backpack (old Vietnam era ALICE pack). All this wandering has already taken it's toll on the Pandora. I'm not sure if it's that the DS case closes too tight around it, or if it's the general banging around my backpack does, but my Pandora's case now has a crack in it on the screen half near the left hinge.

I knew the risk's of taking mine on the road with me, my previous laptop didn't last a year on the road before the screen went out on it. Treat your Pandora well, friends. At this rate, I'm gonna have one busted up looking Pandy this fall. :D

The worst part is, you won't have a permanent place to RMA it from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm heading west today
If you ever get as far as San Francisco, leave a post on the forums and maybe we can go get lunch or something.

I just got back to Albuquerque today. Not sure when exactly, but I will be in SF in the next couple weeks. I'm heading to L.A. first and then I'm hitchhiking up the coast to Vancouver, BC with stops at SF, Portland and Seattle along the way.

Back