3.02oe Will Be Released Soon!

krosfyah

Syntax Error
Website
Visit site
Well, it seems Dark Alex is set to release his latest custom firmware for the PSP..

3.02 OE-A (OE stands for Open Edition)
---------------------------------------------

Unchanged since 2.71SE-C:

- Can run homebrews using 1.50 kernel (same compatibility as 2.71 SE-C)

- Recovery menu

- Built-in iso/cso support (appears in the vsh under the GAME menu)

Changed since 2.71SE-C:

- Runs 3.02 vsh

- Can run homebrews using 3.02 kernel

Removed since 2.71SE-C:

- Location Free player

- Korean fonts

Added since 2.71SE-C:

- UMD-VIDEO Region free

- PSP kernel Region selector

- O/X button selector

- WMA enabling option

- Flash player enabling option

- Pops (SCE psone emulator) single psp protection hacked

It's gonna be an exciting night in the PSP scene :)

This does sound awesome. I'm still on a my v1.50 bios, which is okay, since I don't play anything except emulators. However, I do have some UMDs that I got as a freebie with the system, but can't play as they need like 2.00+

Nope you can't play backups.. the PSX game has to come via a PS3. The actual hack just allows you to transfer the game eboot to your other PSPs instead of being restricted to the original one. I've tried Hot Shots Golf 2 and it runs flawlessly. They also implemented scaling options which is nice.

I've been playing with the new firmware all night and it definitely rocks. The only downside at the moment is the NO-UMD compatibility seems to have dropped from SE-C, but I expect this will be improved in future revisions, and it's only really an issue if you have a broken UMD drive anyway.

subcon959 posted on Dec 22 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
the PSX game has to come via a PS3. The actual hack just allows you to transfer the game eboot to your other PSPs instead of being restricted to the original one. I've tried Hot Shots Golf 2 and it runs flawlessly. They also implemented scaling options which is nice.

no they dont :) You can download the games from "Places" so now No PS3 is needed ;) Infact, Im getting my first PSX PSP game from "somewhere" right now (I own the game on the PSX already so I dont see the problem of downloading it free ;) )

Just upgraded and its great... I dont see why people want to stick with 1.5 when they can have the latest firmware with the features of 1.5 plus more.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Dec 22 2006 at 05:33 PM said:
the PSX game has to come via a PS3. The actual hack just allows you to transfer the game eboot to your other PSPs instead of being restricted to the original one. I've tried Hot Shots Golf 2 and it runs flawlessly. They also implemented scaling options which is nice.

no they dont :) You can download the games from "Places" so now No PS3 is needed ;) Infact, Im getting my first PSX PSP game from "somewhere" right now (I own the game on the PSX already so I dont see the problem of downloading it free ;) )

Just upgraded and its great... I dont see why people want to stick with 1.5 when they can have the latest firmware with the features of 1.5 plus more.... :)
oh god really!?

Goity posted on Dec 22 2006 at 05:43 PM said:

oh god really!?

Yup, Currently playing Hot Shots Golf on my PSP and I dont even own a PS3 ;). Runs perfectly :D Cant wait for Final Fantasy and Resident Evil!!!! :D :D :D :D

Steve-O posted on Dec 22 2006 at 06:19 PM said:

oh god really!?

Yup, Currently playing Hot Shots Golf on my PSP and I dont even own a PS3 ;). Runs perfectly :D Cant wait for Final Fantasy and Resident Evil!!!! :D :D :D :D

hot shots golf on your psp???? obviously i dont understand a thing thats going on, probly cause its xmas but were'nt we playing hot shots golf on psp a few years ago? that and ridge racers best psp games ever. happy xmas everyone :D

edit: ignore me, i get it now...........ffvII on psp soon then??????????

CUPC4KES posted on Dec 22 2006 at 09:30 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Dec 22 2006 at 06:19 PM said:

oh god really!?

hot shots golf on your psp???? obviously i dont understand a thing thats going on, probly cause its xmas but were'nt we playing hot shots golf on psp a few years ago? that and ridge racers best psp games ever. happy xmas everyone :D
hot shots golf 2, the ps1 one ;)

sorry.......... i understand now, :D :D :D

pretty cool then for us psp owners who've been waiting for something good to play (portrait of ruin is by far best handheld game this xmas :lol: )

Crash Bandicoot runs perfectly too. I get the feeling Sony will do lots of security update firmware revisions between game releases to make it annoying for the crackers. I believe there's already one that needs 3.03 so can't be played with this custom firmware.

Back