Release First Gmenu Pandora Preview

As long as Gmenu can be replaced if something better comes along I dont have a problem :)

nubie said:
If all you confused people would go check the sticky in the Pandora general thread you could learn a lot. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=43063 Or if that doesn't get you enough info you can look up all of the EvilDragon, Mweston, and Craig posts.

kdrive is on for Gmenu2X. kdrive is not the same as full Angstrom, it is just a launcher. (kdrive is light, and it accelerates the menu, nothing wrong here, an app can kill X and then restart it with a runlevel).

That's all good, but I think it's the following quote earlier in this thread from Ed that sparked this current confusion... And since it's the last post from Ed on the subject(at least on this forum), looking at previous posts won't necessarily clear anything up...

EvilDragon said:
gmenu will be the default launcher in SIMPLE MODE.

In fully desktop mode, it starts kdrive (an XServer) with Windows, etc.
That's Angström ;)
To me that quote makes it sounds like _only_ "fully desktop mode" runs atop X...and simple mode does not. Before that quote I also thought Gmenu was to run atop X, but now I must count myself as one of the confused... Has something changed or am I just misinterpreting the quote?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope simple mode won't end up with X, but it does need a way to manage applications without it.

Currently Gmenu runs on X and it's unknown if it's going to stay that way.

Back