Release gmenu lua scriptive

emcp

im just wondering would this be a feature in the future, im just against using the gmenu, the pandora should have it own totally new menu, ill get a mock of some of my ideas in the other topic (im well aware of other topics, but none of them ask for a lua scriptive menu, so its 100% customisable, which is big enough to have its own topic)

anyway yh, like the XBMC menu, i think that would overall be the best choice, even if it doesnt come out till the furture,

just a call to launch the specified commands, and the rest should be handle by the individual program

just an idea

I'm not sure where Lua would be used in any menu. If the launchers were lua scripts instead of flat ini files, then perhaps it would be possible to have complex code to determine what arguments would be finally sent to the app (based on other environment or app settings, for example). But other than that I can't think of where to use Lua in a menu.

the_darkside_986 said:
I'm not sure where Lua would be used in any menu. If the launchers were lua scripts instead of flat ini files, then perhaps it would be possible to have complex code to determine what arguments would be finally sent to the app (based on other environment or app settings, for example). But other than that I can't think of where to use Lua in a menu.

doesnt have to be lua, the point is a scriptive language for the menu

its just XBMC had lua scripted menus, which worked very very very well,

I've never used XBMC so I don't understand what aspect of it is a script. But adding Lua scripting to something is easy. I know Lua libs fairly well even though I am rusty on it and I'm currently trying to review things.

Back