Firmware Version Used

Please select firmware you are using

• Total voters

crow_riot

audiorace - my game for PACC seems to have problems with firmware version 1.2.1, got it tested only on 1.1.0 firmware wiz'es (huh, whats the plural of wiz? :D ) because i use opengl. so the main question here is, is it worth for me upgrading to 1.2.1 and support the newest FW?

btw you can get it here:
http://pacc2010.xiik.net/main.html

you can't ignore the new firmware(s), sooner or later everybody will upgrade it

yeah, i've almost come to the decision to update - nevertheless i'd be interested in what version is used mostly.

From what I've used of it so far, yes it's worth the update. Screen tearing is less pronounced and I've yet to run into any problems so go for it, I say!

i'm desperate looking for more info about opengl es on firmware 1.2.1 - but nothing is available. just PM'ed pickle, maybe he knows a bit more. :angry:

OpenGL worked fine for me out of the box IIRC. Didn't have to do anything and my opengl program ran quite a bit faster.

trentg said:
OpenGL worked fine for me out of the box IIRC. Didn't have to do anything and my opengl program ran quite a bit faster.
i'm using a modified version of wizGLES - initializing the display correctly to avoid tearing. think i'm the only one doing it that way and the new firmware doesn't like that. damn, i'm really frustrated because it took almost my entire freetime to get that game finished on time before the end of PACC - and now it seems i'm fucked just because of stupid firmware incompatibilities i'm not guilty of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hwrd said:
I haven't been able to upgrade to the latest firmware: tried different SD cards, and downlaoded the files a couple of times. bleah.

yeah, that's the downside of all that different firmware versions. now if i'm going to update and support the newer firmware, i'm more or less dropping support for older firmware versions, which are in fact working at the moment. i only own one WIZ with ONE firmware, not two not three with all the versions out there. <_<

My entry, rRootage, is only compatible with the latest firmware 1.2.1 it seems. I use two different custom libwizGLES libraries to support both rotated and non-rotated play. That's the trouble with GPH firmwares, they aren't the highest quality in the world :( I got all the features of my port working only at the last minute before submitted it and so I didn't have time to test with firmwares prior to v1.2.1.

What you could try is copying some of the libraries out of rRootage for Wiz's game folder into your own game folder and see if any of them allow your game to run using firmware v1.2.1. You'll see the two forms of libwizGLES are named such so you can try each one, rotated and non-rotated.

Senor Quack said:
My entry, rRootage, is only compatible with the latest firmware 1.2.1 it seems. I use two different custom libwizGLES libraries to support both rotated and non-rotated play. That's the trouble with GPH firmwares, they aren't the highest quality in the world :( I got all the features of my port working only at the last minute before submitted it and so I didn't have time to test with firmwares prior to v1.2.1.
i got yours tested on 1.1.0 - you need to include libglport.so (this stu* lib is required since 1.2.1 and not available on 1.1.0) - then everything works as it should... :)

Senor Quack said:
What you could try is copying some of the libraries out of rRootage for Wiz's game folder into your own game folder and see if any of them allow your game to run using firmware v1.2.1. You'll see the two forms of libwizGLES are named such so you can try each one, rotated and non-rotated.
yeah, i will give that a try. but first, upgrading to 1.2.1 must be done successfully :)

crow_riot said:
Senor Quack said:
i got yours tested on 1.1.0 - you need to include libglport.so (this stu* lib is required since 1.2.1 and not available on 1.1.0) - then everything works as it should... :)

Senor Quack said:
yeah, i will give that a try. but first, upgrading to 1.2.1 must be done successfully :)

Thanks for the info regarding libglport.so, cannot believe how forgetful GPH can be with libaries included in various firmwares. I tried to get Audiorace working with firmware v1.2.1 and could not, because you aren't use Pickle's libwizGLES.so library like I am, so it is impossible for me to thereby modify the way your program is rotating the screen. I think all you need to do is distribute a modified copy of your library that you used.

If you can't get your firmware upgraded, I can test some things for you on my Wiz today if you like (I will be a bit busy and am leaving on a week-long trip tomorrow so won't be able to test late tonight or after that)

Senor Quack said:
Thanks for the info regarding libglport.so.
:)

Senor Quack said:
I tried to get Audiorace working with firmware v1.2.1 and could not, because you aren't use Pickle's libwizGLES.so library like I am, so it is impossible for me to thereby modify the way your program is rotating the screen. I think all you need to do is distribute a modified copy of your library that you used.
it was just a simple rename (libLibertineWiz.so is my version of pickle's gles). now it works with one of yours - thanks again. http://crow.riot.org/wiz/audiorace-PACC-060410.rar ...

Hi crow_riot

Does this mean it now also works on FW 1.1.0? I guess my real question is, have you found a way to initialize opengl for both the new and old firmware?

u9i said:
Hi crow_riot

Does this mean it now also works on FW 1.1.0? I guess my real question is, have you found a way to initialize opengl for both the new and old firmware?
it now works on both firmwares - i've tested it on 1.2.1 and a company mate on 1.1.0.

Back