Eduke32 Wont Start

fettouhi said:
Just a stupid question. How do I access the root folder on my wiz?

Regards

André

Use termula

You'll need a tiny bit of linux knowledge. I also tried to move the .eduke32 folder back to the sd-card, but that didn't work for me, after i started eduke it just vreated a ned .eduke32 folder back in the wiz-root.

And I really mean the root of the wiz, not the sd-card root folder

Last edited by a moderator:
eduke32 should get the directory path that the program was started from and create the .eduke folder in that location.
Take note a . means that the folder is hidden, so unless you specify you may not see it

Pickle said:
eduke32 should get the directory path that the program was started from and create the .eduke folder in that location.
Take note a . means that the folder is hidden, so unless you specify you may not see it

That I know but even if I turn on to see hidden folders in KDE4. I still can't find the .eduke32 directory anywhere on my SD card or on the Wiz itself.

Regards

André

:eek: Oh no, I've opened a can of worms here!

All I done was installed the game to sd/game/eduke32 ran it, quit it, took out the sd card put it in the PC, the .eduke32 folder showed up in the eduke32 folder.
I deleted the eduke32_binds.cfg file and edited the eduke32.cfg file (and kept a copy back to post here), I ran it and the keybinding had been cleared.
So I put the instructions and the updated eduke32.cfg on here hoping to be helpful, not thinking that the .eduke folder would turn invisible and play hide & seek in the folders on the Wiz! (on nearly all of your Wiz's!)

How come mine showed up without any trouble in the eduke folder. (I can even see it with the Wiz's Launcher!)

Sorry for causing so much trouble with this, I wish I kept my mouth shut now! :lol:

Cheers, Neil

This stuff about /root has me surprised, I specifically changes the program to use PWD rather than HOME. I also tested that when the program was run for the first time the .eduke was created at PWD and not HOME (which is /root)

Pickle said:
This stuff about /root has me surprised, I specifically changes the program to use PWD rather than HOME. I also tested that when the program was run for the first time the .eduke was created at PWD and not HOME (which is /root)

Yep my '.eduke32' folder is also created on /root/ of the Wiz as it says the 'eduke32.log' file... so how can we access to that "/root/" to delete it or something? Is that on the NAND memory? When I connect the Wiz to the PC through USB and select the Nand memory, nothing seems to happen though.

Also, where are the savegames located? I made one but now I wanna delete it and if I delete the eduke32 folder and reinstall it, the savegame is always there.

Thank you!

I also had to resort to the hack script that copies the .cfg file to and from the /root/.eduke32 directory. Plainly said in the log file that it was creating /root/.eduke32 and it continues to use this location. Aside from that the game runs fantastically well - very smooth. Question - is it possible to edit the key bindings to do combo-keys, like return+x for the map? I've plum used up all the keys:

d-pad: forward, left, back, right
a: fire
b: open/strafe
y: aim up
x: aim down
volume down - inventory left
volume up - next weapon
L - crouch
R - jump/center view
menu - inventory select

It's a good thing Duke lets you use the same key for more than one function. :) Marathon has a nasty habit of canceling the keys out if you pick them for more than one duty.

Back