Firmware 1.2.1 Released

It's not gamepark, its dignsys the people who magiceyes made gamepark use. They are shit. And there is nothing gamepark can do as they have signed a contract with magiceyes.

With any luck there will be a loophole in the contract, so they could break the contract because of the their unlwaful non-gpl compliance :blink:

GPH might have had better luck buying a license from M$ and using WinCE/PocketPC, than Linux with Dignsys.

Death to Dignsys. :angry:

There is a post on the English GPH website which says that firmware 1.2.1 does not support 2gb sd cards.

I don't understand why there are such a serious bugs in newer firmwares... They should improve it with every new release instead of crashing things which worked in previous release. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not gamepark, its dignsys the people who magiceyes made gamepark use. They are shit. And there is nothing gamepark can do as they have signed a contract with magiceyes.

This is the second thread where craigix has tried to shift the blame to dignsys/magiceyes instead of gamepark regarding the crappy firmware. Essentially we have bought a gamepark console, gamepark are responsible for supporting it - for the end user the issue is 100% with gamepark. If gamepark need to take the issue up with dignsys/magiceyes then that is their issue, not ours.

I am also puzzled as to why there is an issue here at all, surely if this is an open source console then ALL the code should be open source (although I can understand/accept a proprietary closed source source DRM module being required to run commercial content). Dev's should be able to fix these issues as they see fit and re-compile better working firmwares.

My grasp of gp2x dev'ing, open source and linux are all limited, but am I correct in the assumption that the requirement to have magiceyes/dignsys involved means that this supposedly 'open source' console is reliant on proprietary closed-source code for some basic tasks?

Why can't we see open source, non-gph/magiceyes/dignsys compiled firmwares, with fixed SD card support, video codec support, etc? Is it purely that they have not happened yet? or is it not possible given the current open source content provided?

just installed 1.2.0 and then 1.2.1, interestingly all the updates seem to be there and working, cant test the sound issues people are chatting about as my batteries are so low at the mo, but one thing i have noticed is the inital loading screen still reads v 1.1.0 whilst in the Settings -> Info the version reads 1.2.1, anyone got any ideas?

Does Korean law allow contracts to force one to remain a party to illegal actions?

Interesting...

just installed 1.2.0 and then 1.2.1, interestingly all the updates seem to be there and working, cant test the sound issues people are chatting about as my batteries are so low at the mo, but one thing i have noticed is the inital loading screen still reads v 1.1.0 whilst in the Settings -> Info the version reads 1.2.1, anyone got any ideas?

It is either one of the two (I forget which one)

1. You just applied the patch and did not get the 'firmware updating' screen at startup

2. You just got the 'firmware updating' screen at start up and have not applied the patch. All you have to do is apply the patch to fix this.

I think it's 1.

Ok, I didn't upgrade to 1.2.0, so if I were to go straight from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1, would I need to apply 1.2.0's patches? It's been clarified to me that I don't need to upgrade to the 1.2.0 firmware and then 1.2.1 firmware, but I don't know about the patches.

Why can't we see open source, non-gph/magiceyes/dignsys compiled firmwares, with fixed SD card support, video codec support, etc? Is it purely that they have not happened yet? or is it not possible given the current open source content provided?

i'd like to know this also, i would have thought devver's would have added things like more compatability in the movie and audio player, so they can play more formats etc, same in the picture viewer

So I finally got the damn thing fixed and completely updated and patched, thanks "in part" (read: none at all) to you guys! Thanks for all your help, fellas!

Don't be rude. Just because you asked a question.. doesn't mean that anyone has to help you. Your problem had been asked many a time throughout these forums and there was always a sollution provided. Don't get snappy just because someone didn't wrap it up nicely and mail it into you PM-Box.

Back