Release Firefox 11.0

Very cool, got to try that this evening, as firefox 10 seems not to be able to download anything anymore...

MY Firefox 10 was doing the same thing, but when I rescanned my card for errors on my PC, that seemed to fix it :)

In the repo.

*Yawn* ZZZzzZZZzzZZzz

In -which- repo?

I didn't see it listed in the app store... It's still at FF 9 there.
repo.openpandora.org - hence repo, not app store.

I stopped updating the app store as it is now too big to fit in Craig's 50mb limit.

Edit: PNDstore/app store confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he means the app, that updates from the repo.

Doesn't look much faster from 10.0 version.

Can anyone see difference between speeds,it's good to see firefox getting updated very fast.

I don't think future firefox versions will have huge speedincreses. On the desktop I can't really spot a difference, too. It should be more to close securityholes and stuff.

Great work hdonk, keep it up.

I don't think future firefox versions will have huge speedincreses. On the desktop I can't really spot a difference, too. It should be more to close securityholes and stuff.

Great work hdonk, keep it up.
No you are wrong i've noticied from 10.0 version was bit slower this new update loads pages much faster and quickly,nice job hdonk.

I'm getting an error that says Firefox is already running. I checked online and the advice is to reboot - no luck.

Has anyone else seen this? What is the cure?

Thank you!

If you don't mind losing your profile information, deleting the Firefox appdata directory should fix it. There's probably a better way, though.

Like deleting the lock and .parentlock files in the profile folder, likely .mozilla/firefox/*.default

If you don't mind losing your profile information, deleting the Firefox appdata directory should fix it. There's probably a better way, though.
I don't have a /appdata/Firefox directory. Version 10 was doing the same error, so when I was going to install version 11.0 I deleted this directory to try to fix the issue - no luck.

Like deleting the lock and .parentlock files in the profile folder, likely .mozilla/firefox/*.default
I don't have a ~/.mozilla directory.

Full text of the error is:

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. [OK]

So - where is Firefox storing it's profile data on the Pandora? I have looked in my /home/username directory, I have looked in the appdata directory - no references anywhere to .mozilla or .firefox. (using ls -al to see hiddens)

I've tried:

find -iname 'mozil'

and get the error:

find: ftsfind.c:477: consider_visiting: Asertion 'ent->fts_info == 11 || state.type != -' failed.

So - where does FF11 store it's profile data at on the Pandora?

Try the /mdia/YOURSD/pandora/appdata/hdonk.* directory.

Back