Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Yes

but i dont like play on pc i prefer console portable as pandora is funny

i think pandora is complete on emulation old scholl

have you teste knight of valour is run for you ?

lolo
No Polygamemaster games are supported yet hopefully they will be as the PGM hardware is second on my arcade hardware list brill system kinda like an overclocked neogeo with different sound chips and an armprocessor for protection ,dont know if its that that is causing the roms not to load as i have this build on pc and it plays every PGM game flawlessly including Ketsui and Espgaluda.

Nubs will only be left as joystick on a segfault. A clean exit will revert the nubs back to their previous settings. I did think about putting the nub code in the script rather than the main code (on the assumption that the script will get executed even on a segfault), might add it as well as extra insurance.

Worth noting that a segfault (ie a crash back to desktop) will also not execute the code to restore cpu speed, so unless the libpnd takes care of it the clockspeed will stay at whatever the last game was running at.
I suggest you put such things in launcher script, much easier to fixup that if something changes in OS (which we try to avoid, but still) and it handles the segfault case for you.

When I tested Third Strike yesterday it ran terribly choppy at 1GHz (OPP5). Like frameskip 5. Well, I still had the fba.pnd version 1.0.1.0. Now tried again with version 1.0.2.0 and it's really fullspeed - incredible!

edit: Well, it's "fullspeed" with some dropped frames here and there. But very playable.

Now all that's left are configurable controls. The button configuration is not suited for Street Fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
L+R+Select opens DIP Switches menu (where you can change difficulty and activate freeplay).

Anyone else having the issue where the emulator takes 10+ seconds to load (from a black screen)? There's also about a 5 second delay every time I quit a game.

Easy button configuration:

Thanks to notaz' SDL we can easily reconfigure controls without changing the sourcecode by placing an "omapsdl.cfg" in <SD-card>/pandora/appdata/fba-dave18/.

Inside this archive is an omapsdl.cfg that remaps controls for the Street Fighter games (tested with 3rd Strike):

omapsdl.zip

With this file the controls in SF are:

[O] = LP, (A) = MP, (Y) = HP

[P] = LK, (X) = MK, (B ) = HK

<SPACE> = Pause

Instead of (A) you have to use the [O]-key as confirmation button in the CAPEX-menu with this cfg-file.

The cfg-file also contains explanations and reference as to how you can easily change the config to your own liking.

Since I don't know the "ev-"-names which represent the [L]- and [R]-triggers I couldn't remap them (so they're still MK and HK for Street Fighter with this cfg-file).

I tried ev_lshift and ev_rctrl, but that didn't work.

Does someone know the real "names"?

I also repacked the current version in a new pnd which removes the black bars on top and bottom in Third Strike (and all other CPS2&3 fighting games):

(deprecated - see below for repack of the current version 1.0.3.0)

This only works for certain games ie cps cps2 and neogeo other games show a coin error message or nothing happens.
Ah, okay. CPS-3, too.

Attachments

• omapsdl.zip
    725 bytes · Views: 202
I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, but..........

Does the game list view option work? I have a very full rom set, but I am missing all of the genesis, and some othe misc stuff, and scrolling thru a bunch of non playable games is very time consuming. Everytime I try to switch over to view "availible or playable" only, nothing can be viewed. Does this work for anyone else, or is it disabled(or broke)?

Hey Dave, if it is disabled, can you add it back in for a later revision, as it would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

I have not sound with the new version. sdl notaz must be install for this ?
You were right - sound was broken in the pnd I've posted earlier.

I've replaced the sdl lib with the newest version and sound is working now.

Edited the post above with the new pnd - just download again.

did anyone tried to get irdem games - gave r-type a try but none of them work ... same "blackscreen" issue as some others of you experience

I've uploaded v1.0.3.0 to the repo. You can now choose between DrZ80 and the normal C core. Changing to the C core increases compatibiliy.

You can also choose whether to have default filter (blurred) or none (2x pixel doubling).

A couple of custom screen resolutions have been added, fixes Tiger Heli.

did anyone tried to get irdem games - gave r-type a try but none of them work ... same "blackscreen" issue as some others of you experience

I just tried all the R-types with version 1.0.2.0 and none worked.

Back