GP32 - after a couple months, what do you think?

Im quite the opposite to most. I didnt use it much except for playing speedball 2 on the loo and waching simpsons while the mrs was watching coro'. But im using it more all the time ive finished the 1st half of R-type & just delved into dungeon master. Im coding and would probably have a game out by now if i hadent just lost my life to Civ 3.

I can see how intrest in it can wane buying it as a tech toy and finding it requires more then plug & play or getting into retro games with your rose titnted specs on then realising old games wenrt actualy as good as you remember. It still has some potential and feeling that SNES or MD is on the horizon can make you feel a little dissatisfied with what youve got but it just occupies my time so well.

JDUK posted on Jul 8 2003 said:
Im coding and would probably have a game out by now if i hadent just lost my life to Civ 3.
I understand you, Civ3 is so goddamn fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flack posted on Jul 7 2003 said:
Number two, I've enjoyed meeting a lot of the people in the GP32 scene, guys like Rico and Axeman and the others who hang around here and talk and act like adults.
Awwww thanks :D

I like to think, most of the time, the gp32x forums are quite civilised...there have been a few arguments as of late but as soon as they get out of hand I'll be locking them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had mine for 8 or 9 weeks now and have pretty much settled into a routine of 75% emulation games (Parodius on GPengine right now), 20% movies (mostly cartoons, played by the kids in the back of the car), and 5% other stuff, occasionally MP3's played in the kitchen where I can hook up my GP32 to an old PC speaker system. Also I'm playing around with iMappy to see what else you can use it for apart from maps. I've pretty much gone back to my GBA for text reading, bookreader for GBA has autosave to I can fall asleep reading without losing my place.

Back