Release Fennec 1.1 B1 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Since you guys were asking for the mobile version of FireFox called Fennec, I created a nice PND-File for you.

fennec_pvw-0.jpg

It currently saves the profile on the NAND, didn't have time to fix it.
It's not been extensively tested (working on Pandora assembly, you know), but it starts and should work.
Enjoy :)

Download: Fennec 1.1 b1

I've got Firefox Fennec Nightly on my N900, it's pretty good. Not quite as quick as MicroB (the default N900 browser), but it's still pretty speedy and the interface is much MUCH better than MicroB, it's very finger friendly.

Was this compiled directly for the Pandora, or is it just the .deb for the N900 packed into a .PND?

Always nice to have another browser to choose from :D

EDIT: How rude of me, I forgot to say thanks!

Thank you, EvilDragon!! :D

Thanks ED! Now someone needs to get us a video. B)
(I know they're out there for N900, Archos, etc. but seeing more Pandora vids is a bonus!)

EvilDragon said:
It's not been extensively tested (working on Pandora assembly, you know), but it starts and should work.

Exciting indeed! A few questions: Does Fennec use a local cache like Firefox does to cache web sites? If it saves the profile on the NAND, does that mean that's also where it's saving the cache? Or is that configurable?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Since you guys were asking for the mobile version of FireFox called Fennec, I created a nice PND-File for you.

fennec_pvw-0.jpg

Do you have time to make it only mess with SD now?

sverm said:
EvilDragon said:

Exciting indeed! A few questions: Does Fennec use a local cache like Firefox does to cache web sites? If it saves the profile on the NAND, does that mean that's also where it's saving the cache? Or is that configurable?

Thanks.

Cache is disabled at the moment, so it doesn't save much on the NAND except for passwords and bookmarks)

God Ginrai said:
EvilDragon said:

fennec_pvw-0.jpg

Do you have time to make it only mess with SD now?

Not yet - been busy with normal life and the Hotfixes :D

Last edited:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's an ARM Linux version of Flash that you would be able to use, at this time.

Prometheus said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's an ARM Linux version of Flash that you would be able to use, at this time.

SWdec comes on board, but it sucks. It doesn't play any SWF files I've thrown at it properly.

Wolfsclaw said:
What about gnash then?

That seems to be on the Pandora as well, but I have no idea how to use it. I saw it in /usr/bin.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Wolfsclaw said:
What about gnash then?

That seems to be on the Pandora as well, but I have no idea how to use it. I saw it in /usr/bin.

-God Ginrai

It's available in the repo but not installed as far as I can see.

i am only using Fennec and it works really well
no crashes so far and loading pages nice and fast

good touch controls and nice response

by
KK

illusionx said:
God Ginrai said:
Wolfsclaw said:
What about gnash then?

-God Ginrai

It's available in the repo but not installed as far as I can see.

No, literally, I saw it in /usr/bin on my Pandora.

-God Ginrai

Back