fare ye well

H

hakmanplayer

I realize i am looked down upon because i am not as technical as you all are. It seems there has been some controversy regarding certain issues in regards to my beloved Pandora purchase so here it goes the best i can type.

I was originally a first batch orderer [1st 1000] over 2 years ago ; when they first came up for sale. I canceled, reordered 1st [batch still], cancelled and reordered [2nd batch].Then i canceled again. Not due to impatience but because i thought[ and was scared] i would not be technical enough to use this device.

As far as emulators go, i owned a dingoo a320, gp2x 100, and a WIZ [which i still own]. All of these emulators i bought on ebay with loaded sd cards. They were all fun and as i said i still enjoy using the Wiz. I was a former retro console collector but sold the majority of my collection due to space and $$ situations. So my emulators were a nice remembrance.

I was always thinking about this Pandora...pandora...pandora ZZZZZzzzzzz...... <_< My best friend also wanted one.

Once again, i emailed Pandora and spoke to the kindhearted Jacquelyn and inquired if may purchase a Pandora premium with a loaded sd card . I was willing to pay more for this service but was told that this was not company policy.

I saw the every once in a while one came up on ebay . There was this one seller [he knows who he is; point point.... and he is a member here] that i contacted and asked if he could include a card with emulators,apps,games ..etc.,,. I just asked the seller randomly and this was the first seller i contacted about buying a Pandora with a card. I saw a video of ED on his item page and i thought maybe ED was privately selling refurbished kits w/cards. Boy was i wrong. Well the seller said yes and charged me a lot of USD for this luxury. I was willing to pay ,since this was my dream come true [so i thought].

I ramble on here so i will try to make this brief...i said try.

The Pandora arrives and it works and looks spot on. However ,the card did not include as many games as i was led to believe [over 10,000 too many to list] . As I said, i paid good money for this card. There were emulators without games that were promised.

So i come to this forum and ask my noobie questions and surprisingly i was able to accomplish much more than i ever thought possible. Even though i was deceived, things turned out for the better because now i have a small grasp on this amazing kit. I really dig this machine.

There was no way i was going to return this unit. I put too much effort into it. The seller was outraged because i told him that i was disappointed and had discovered what he did not put in the card. I figured he must of thought i would be too blind to see what was not there. But again, things happpen for a reason and i did learn how to install games and bios [except for pscx rearmed which i gave up on :( ].

So there it is ...there is some more story in between but alas i have said too much already.

Now i will leave you all be, with all my stupid questions and let the experts go on with the development and improvements.

You will not have to deal with this newbie anymore. I have rattled too many cages .

Kindest Regards,

howie.[ thank you Jacquelyn,,you are the best!!]

Ask anything and im sure you will get a helpful answer, the reason that the sd card probably had emulators and not roms is likely a legal issue.

Glad your enjoying your pandora,

Dont give up on pcsx_Rearmed, if you have problems ask its a awsome emulator and the games look amazing on it.

hakmanplayer mate, all you had to do was buy a huge ass SD card and send (post via registered international post with tracking) it to me or any one of the other trusted members and we would have filled that card up for you with everything (emus, bios, the works! No roms though, lol) that you required...then send it (via registered international post with tracking) straight back to you.

ALL THIS FREE OF CHARGE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hakmanplayer mate, all you had to do was buy a huge ass SD card and send (post via registered international post with tracking) it to me or any one of the other trusted members and we would have filled that card up for you with everything (emus, bios, the works! No roms though, lol) that you required...then send it (via registered international post with tracking) straight back to you.

ALL THIS FREE OF CHARGE!!!

I've not been on these forum as long as others, but have enjoyed finding my way around the Pandora - regards the above post by Sony, I would glad help out others on this basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel like you're being annoying; you're trying to get some bang for your buck by using your Pandora to its potential. Everybody here is glad to help others.

Don't feel like you're being annoying; you're trying to get some bang for your buck by using your Pandora to its potential. Everybody here is glad to help others.
I wholeheartedly second this.

You certainly shouldn't feel like you have to leave - most folks here will do all that can be done to help out. :)

Eeeehhh, there's been a few times (even recently) where the person with the problem was a dick. I grudgingly help in those cases.

But for most people, yeah, helpfulness is its own reward. :)

Look, the worst that can happen is that you get banned by CraigX. And then you just make a new account and try again. The best part about the internet is that you can post anything and then run away if you messed up. This promotes the no fear approach to learning. Jump in! Mess up! :lol: Make people angry. It's the only way to know your boundaries. Ask Blue Protoman! :lol:

No roms though, lol

Well I don't know, I for one would be happy to provide a great long list of links to interesting torrents, and/or contribute to a newbie-emulation-pirate HOWTO on the wiki - only for people living in countries without copyright law, of course!! ;) But if you google TPB and try a few searches you can find all this retro goodness for yourself. Aaaaaargh! Avast there ye land-lubbing do-good hamsters, hoist the jolly-roger and look to ther main sail!

I wholeheartedly second this.

You certainly shouldn't feel like you have to leave - most folks here will do all that can be done to help out. :)
Yeah how do you think most of us got to be as knowledgeable as we are? I always try to help out as much as I can but even I don't know everything so what I don't know I ask about. So just remember it never hurts to ask questions. ;)

You don't actually need special powers to set up an emulator. Just need a little bit of patience and follow the right steps.

Back