Pandora + Ebay =

Stradian

About 2 days ago, I was going to bid on a Pandora on eBay. It was reasonably priced for around 350 at the time. I was getting ready to bid until I took a gander at the bidding history. I noticed the same bidder, made 5 small bids in a row. I looked at this bidder's statistics and behold: 100% bid rate with this seller.

This Pandora was being passively shilled by the seller until it was raised to $412 and was sniped at $417. :angry:

View here: http://cgi.ebay.com/OpenPandora-Linux-Handheld-Game-Console-w-16GB-SD-Card-/280678289039?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4159bace8f

Beware of this dishonesty!

(In case you don't know, Shilling is bidding on your own auction. Shilling is fraud.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, this used to happen to me on pretty much every auction I used to bid on: I'd set my maximum bid, and come back after auction to find that someone had been inching the bid up. Basically they were testing the water (as it were) to find where my maximum bid was so they could snipe me. Unknown to them, I had put the maximum amount I was willing to bid, so when then sniped me, they were paying more than what I would have been willing to pay anyway.

This was back in the days before ebay censored the bidders names, mind. One time, as a result, I even got an email from someone mad at ME for not "playing the game" or whatever, saying that by putting such a large amount he had to pay more than he would have if he had just let him snipe me like a normal user.

Shortly after that, I stopped bidding on auctions. Buy it now only.

To live and learn...You have to look at the people with a ZERO (0) or VERY LOW feedback score.

Plus, when all the BIDS say, "Private", don't bother bidding on the item, because who know's who and what the hell "Private" is and means.

Could you please elaborate on the meaning of "100% bid rate with this seller"?
This

To live and learn...You have to look at the people with a ZERO (0) or VERY LOW feedback score.

Plus, when all the BIDS say, "Private", don't bother bidding on the item, because who know's who and what the hell "Private" is and means.

Talking about bidders, not sellers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back