Fallout In Dosbox?

Am I the only one who's interested in running Harvester on the pandora? anyone? no?

sadly, it seems like an impossibility:

Minimum CPU Class Required: 80486
Minimum OS Class Required: DOS 4.0 to 6.22
Minimum RAM Required: 8 MB
Video Modes Supported: SuperVGA, VESA
Sound Devices Supported: Adlib, Adlib Gold, Gravis Ultrasound / ACE, Roland MT-32 (and LAPC-I), Sound Blaster, Sound Blaster 16, Sound Blaster Pro
Input Devices Supported: Keyboard, Mouse
Number of Players Supported: 1 Player
Notes: Requires EMS driver (EMM386).

PoisonedV said:
Am I the only one who's interested in running Harvester on the pandora? anyone? no?

sadly, it seems like an impossibility:

Minimum CPU Class Required: 80486
Minimum OS Class Required: DOS 4.0 to 6.22
Minimum RAM Required: 8 MB
Video Modes Supported: SuperVGA, VESA
Sound Devices Supported: Adlib, Adlib Gold, Gravis Ultrasound / ACE, Roland MT-32 (and LAPC-I), Sound Blaster, Sound Blaster 16, Sound Blaster Pro
Input Devices Supported: Keyboard, Mouse
Number of Players Supported: 1 Player
Notes: Requires EMS driver (EMM386).

always liked that game .. liked sanitarium more but harvester was atleast a remote posibility .. compared to the pipe dream of sanatarium on a handheld :> there were two other adventure games i realy liked from the era but cant for the life a me remeber the names one you woke up reliseing you were becomeing a vampire or some such .. and the other was a kind of bladerunnerish murder mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:
fischju2000 said:
Esn said:
Can someone explain how "# of cycles" translates into "CPU requirements" for someone who's completely clueless on the matter? How many cycles would you need to decently run a 486 game?
From my minimal understanding of Dosbox, 9200 is close to a 486 at 100 Mhz.

Thank you very much.

So, from my even more minimal understanding, a 486 at 66Mhz (which is what is required to play Star Control 3, one of my happy childhood memories) would be 6072 cycles, about twice as much as that rough estimate earlier posted by Pickle.

So... it may be playable with frameskip. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back