Fallout 1 on pandora?

No source code = No port

However it brings me to wonder how we got, Baldurs gate and such to work.

I think the source code for the games engine was open source, and we only needed that to run Baldurs gate files, or perhaps we emulated the engine.

In which case, arent the first 2 fallout games on the same engine as Baldurs Gate?

</p>

No source code = No port
Thats not true.

A port without source is possible and has allready been done many times. Its much more complicated and you have 2 routes to go. You can rebuild the engine or can recompile.

Examples of recompiled ports without source are X-Com and Albion.

MHT mentioned he is working on a recompiler that can do Fallout 1 and 2 on Pandora. I dont know how far he is with this.

I would be very grateful if someone ported Fallout. This is one of those games that I would like to see on my Pandora! :)

well if baldurs gate and ice wendeyl have been ported. is there a diable port?

*crosses fingers in high hopes*

Freedroid has been in active development for maybe 8 or 9 years now, I think. It's very much a complete game that you can play and enjoy. New features are being added and old ones improved regularly. The game is complete but apparently expanding.

When I first tried it several years ago it was full of heavy handed anti-Microsoft propaganda that I didn't agree with which made it very hard to enjoy the game. Subtle jabs I can appreciate, but this was 5 hours of non-stop "Microsoft is bad and Bill Gates is the devil himself" kind of story. Apparently that has been greatly altered and is a much better game because of it.

Freedroid has been in active development for maybe 8 or 9 years now, I think. It's very much a complete game that you can play and enjoy. New features are being added and old ones improved regularly. The game is complete but apparently expanding.

When I first tried it several years ago it was full of heavy handed anti-Microsoft propaganda that I didn't agree with which made it very hard to enjoy the game. Subtle jabs I can appreciate, but this was 5 hours of non-stop &quot;Microsoft is bad and Bill Gates is the devil himself&quot; kind of story. Apparently that has been greatly altered and is a much better game because of it.

That was the last time I tried it and I haven't tried it since. Didn't know it was complete. Guess I'll give another go one of these days.

That was confusing, I saw Freedroid and thought of this: http://repo.openpand...freedroid-11219 (which I must figure out how to play).

Apologies in advance for any undue excitement.

Well you can stay excited because they also have Freedroid Classic which is a remake of Paradroid :)

I guess they are. Come to think of it I didn't even pay attention to their site change.

(Disclaimer: I don't know much about Paradroid... Either.)

Edit:

There's also Vulture's Eye an isometric front-end for Nethack.

(Maybe this thread should be split.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back