Fallout 4 (10th of November 2015 release date)

not releasing THEIR product on a platform you like
Yeah, since it has about zero effort involved in doing it.  That's how you recognize assholes.
They can do what they like with their product. As for zero effort you have to be joking.

Sure things like this help.

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/trolling-delays-linux-release-of-the-stanley-parable.3938/

You are already calling them motherfuckers and scum for not releasing the product on Linux, if they did and it wasn't working 100% you would more than likely review them poorly and cause a bit fuss about it, if not you someone else would.   Very few people would buy fallout because it was on linux and more people would probably be influenced by the outrage/ bad reviews and shitstorm that would be caused releasing it on Linux.

The Zealousness of Linux mixed with the man babies of gaming is not exactly a desired target market.

Last edited by a moderator:
zero effort obviously refers to linux versions They already hAve obviously if you had been following The conversation.

zero effort obviously refers to linux versions They already hAve obviously if you had been following The conversation.
Ummm where? The only kind of mention I see is of shadow warrior which was made by a different studio and using a different engine (granted based off havok)  Or where you mention Carmack's libraries but he never touched any of the fallout games.  

Even if they had they have bound to have made significant changes to the engine which would still mean an awful lot of work to get it running properly, that is of course if they are still using havok. Then they have to support it and as the article I posted and your reaction kinda cements what they would go through.  Support for such a small user base is probably what drives games away, the fact the users are so zealous and abusive just cements that decision.

Carmack's libraries
Carmack ports to linux when he was at ID software. (which is about every single game before RAGE).

ID, Bethesda and Zenimax are now all in the same ship as a group.

the fact the users are so zealous and abusive just cements that decision.
Gee you think Windows and Console Gamers are not abusive ? Please, discover something called Reddit. Have fun. 

It doesnt work like that. None of the games Carmack ported used the same engine as fallout. Also Carmack left them.

As for the abuse of course there is on windows/consolez but they are a large section of the market. Linux is miniscule and its been shown the crap devs get from them is way out of preportion for the userbase.

You are calling them assholes, motherfuckers etc because they arent doing exactly what you want. Don't you see a problem with that?

It doesnt work like that. None of the games Carmack ported used the same engine as fallout. Also Carmack left them.

As for the abuse of course there is on windows/consolez but they are a large section of the market. Linux is miniscule and its been shown the crap devs get from them is way out of preportion for the userbase.

You are calling them assholes, motherfuckers etc because they arent doing exactly what you want. Don't you see a problem with that?
He talked about releasing the existing Linux ports of the old ID games...

The fact that they simply refuse to do this is showing what kind of people they are indeed, I would consider some bribery from M$ to not be unlikely.

As far as I like Linux, a cross-platform development is a HUGE added work even for small projects, and Bethesda projects are not the small kind...

I can't hate a software house just because they choose the major customer base, and also their games were all super bugged even just for Windows, so with an added linux development everything could become even worse...

but maybe I can hate them for DRM added things that should prevent a buyer to play a game at some point in time...

I look at it like its their property they don't have to do anything if they don't want to. Don't like it don 't buy it but the abuse people give is just childish and being man babies.

Doesnt matter what Carmack was or wasnt going to do, he resigned so his say in the matter ended. They might have plans for the older titles or perhaps they figure the resources it would take isnt worth their time but want to keep their options open.

Whatever the case the abuse is uncalled for.

I look at it like its their property they don't have to do anything if they don't want to. Don't like it don 't buy it but the abuse people give is just childish and being man babies.
A billionaire walks in the street. Someone is starving on the street and asking for a coin to buy food. The billionaire walks on.

It's his right, it's his property, He does not have to do anything they do not want to.  

It's still very much appropriate to consider them as an asshole, because it's not like that person would be losing anything by doing that, and would actually be doing good in the world for almost free.

Whatever the case the abuse is uncalled for.
Nope, it's totally deserved, on the contrary, just like the abuse Microsoft got before when they were locking the PC market was totally deserved as well. It was their right to fend off competitors and to make a Microsoft-only world, but they were still assholes to do so. 

A billionaire walks in the street. Someone is starving on the street and asking for a coin to buy food. The billionaire walks on. It's his right, it's his property, He does not have to do anything they do not want to.     It's still very much appropriate to consider them as an asshole, because it's not like that person would be losing anything by doing that, and would actually be doing good in the world for almost free.

Don't you think comparing games to starving people is a bit much?   Even if they were doing it purely to be assholes at the end of the day it just means that a small percentage of people won't be able to play some old games.  The real reason behind it is more than likely they are too busy with other shit to deal with it or forgetting about it or just the general difficulty in getting things done with large businesses.

Nope, it's totally deserved, on the contrary, just like the abuse Microsoft got before when they were locking the PC market was totally deserved as well. It was their right to fend off competitors and to make a Microsoft-only world, but they were still assholes to do so. 
I don't see how you can compare the two.  How are they locking the gaming market by not releasing something? Surely that would give others the opportunity to snatch that market.

Don't you think comparing games to starving people is a bit much?
Obviously I'm comparing with something you can relate to, because what matters here is behavior, not the actual situation at work. 

How are they locking the gaming market by not releasing something?
I'm not saying they are locking the gaming market. I was simply making a parrallel with Microsoft getting some heat and abuse for behaviors that were not appreciated either, while they were in their right to do so. Again, not an exact comparison. 

Obviously I'm comparing with something you can relate to, because what matters here is behavior, not the actual situation at work. 
What is the actual situation? You have insiders in Bethesda?

I loved fallout 3 that endless wasteland feeling was really immersive and the fact you could be a total A-hole to  very evil people was great... You could be evil as you want and it was rewarding in the game...  Also if a merchant was charging you too much... just lob off their head and take the stimpacks from their corpses... New vegas... NOPE

Things I hated about new vegas 

"Revised" Karma system... impossible to be "Evil" in that game... 

The stupid armour system... You're telling me that the best looking armours will get me SHOT by everybody in a fifty mile radius yet rollin' into town dressed as a psychotic raider they know its me? WTF?! 

The faction system entirely...... Seriously It felt more like I was a brick in a wall then a waste land survivor carving my life out of the chaos... I felt meaningless and I HATED characters talking down to me.... I eventually made a character where if somebody bad mouthed me they got a riot shotgun of coin shot right to the face.... Come to find out 3000 rounds of coinshot disappears REALLY damn quickly in that game since the only place that doesn't have a stick up its ass is goodsprings.

I loved the DLC's compared to the real game.. the real game had a good lore but its way of throwing you into a political conflict where honestly I personally couldn't care less who took over wasteland a ranger's skull took a .308 just like a legionary's skull did and the gun runners were just annoying twats in my opinion.

However what fallout has over every other game is the MODDING community... God the mods for fallout 3 were BEAUTIFUL.. I ran 40 gbs of mods in the day and it was amazing just how crazy the game got.

New vegas was okay in the mod front... still impressive but fallout 3 felt so much better to me  then an empty dessert.

Ah yes... Even though a dark game (what game doesn't have darkness in it these days?)

... full of sick psychos and mutants...

And the game is still open enough that without even trying I become regarded as a paragon (or whatever the equivalent is called in that game)

Oh yea, you guessed it... Fae gets no kicks from the evils.   .... well, not for a long time now anyway... use to be insatiably curious.

You can still do wicked things and be innocent... before the concept of right and wrong... there was curiosity.

However, when you realize that you are the fount of all creation... that every whim, flight of fancy, or casual thought echoes throughout All that IS - a wave of potential as yet unmanifest... until you look for evidence of your fancies in the 'perceived' world around you...

where the wave collapses at the point of focus...

Problem is... the wave goes out in every direction. yes yes, time and space are inseparable so every direction means going sideways and backwards and diagonally through time as well. (diagonally through time????? Yes.)

So now we have all sorts of alternate realities fizzing through our perceptions ( Disclaimer: There is no such thing as imagination, or, should I say, it's meaning has been distorted *creating another cascade*.) They are all real.... however as the fount - you assign value to these realities, and so start another cascade that rebounds and affects EVERYTHING.

Image    I    Nation.  Means that The image I hold within becomes the nation..... or.... the Whole is a reflection of the part is the reflection of the whole is the reflection of the part is the reflection of the.... etc etc etc..... the endless cascade within cascade within cascade

This is disturbing because clearly  I am still a discordant dysfunctional Ahole bumbling my way through the process of self realization.... alternately lopping off appendages.... burning whole tracks of being and laying waste to countless infinitely beautiful realities because I cannot yet bring myself to be unbiased, because i am too afraid of losing what is most important, what I perceive as being the most intrinsic part of what I Am.

Fighting the good fight I say! Defending the pure and innocent!

What rubbish... conjuring up phantasmal nemeses and bad dudes and plastering them all over virtual nodes just as muddied and self driven and exclusive as I...

So I rage at those naughty evil nodes proclaiming.....

"Leave me alone you sick twisted... you want to know how wrong you are? Let me explain it to you in detail... Why the F*** wont you listen to me? This is non negotiable... I have no interest in anything you have to  say, but you damn well better hear what I AM saying.... because i swear I'll make you live to regret ever happening upon me if you continue.... etc etc."

That seed automatically resonates throughout the cascade, and before long the echoes of my rage rebound back at me.... but I do not perceive them as echoes.... I perceive it as some Ahole demanding I embrace his view of reality, while insulting me and PROUDLY showing his complete and utter lack of respect for me, supremely arrogant.... and then threatening me with unspeakable horrors if I even consider not going along with him.

Obviously this would make me rage even more.

etc.

etc.

etc.

If some virtual fairy came along and popped the bubbles of illusion with the needle of Truth...

There would be nothing there. No outside world. No enemies. Nothing at All.

Just some confused ninny screaming at a mirror.

,,,, and that.... is why I cringe and shy away from doing bad things in games.... because it's so damn freaking stressful and unpleasant. NOT FUN. And one bad thing leads to another until you are doing nothing BUT bad things just to cover up that you are doing bad things... And I don't trust that Ahole one iota. 

Whhyyyy Sooooooo SSSSERIOUSSSSSSS?  :evil:  :blink:   :eek: :huh:   :rolleyes:   :lol:   ;)

***Another way of saying imagination is ...

a boundless being realizing itself within perceived bounds.

LOL :D

I'm the Paladin type of player too, at least in the first play, but I like when a game gives you the full opposite choices and rewards you in a different way.

Yeah I always do the good way first because generally that is the harder way to play.

However in New Vegas it didn't really matter.  Probably why I have clocked up 150 hours in fallout 3 and only 30 in new vegas.  Not saying New Vegas is bad as 30 hours I can't really complain but it wasn't on fallout 3's level.

Back