Fallout 4 (10th of November 2015 release date)

Yeah I always do the good way first because generally that is the harder way to play.

However in New Vegas it didn't really matter.  Probably why I have clocked up 150 hours in fallout 3 and only 30 in new vegas.  Not saying New Vegas is bad as 30 hours I can't really complain but it wasn't on fallout 3's level.

Fallout 3 was too easy regarding health regeneration...but not as easy as TES: Oblivion

And now, for some newsssssss

FALLOUT MOBILE GAME FALLOUT SHELTER AVAILABLE NOW (Android and iOS)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LXEIbnQInao?feature=oembed

FALLOUT 4'S FIRST GAMEPLAY DETAILS (IN BOLD = AWESOME)

• Story begins pre-apocalypse.
  • You can create a female character!
  • Select specific facial features and sculpt in real time; no sliders
  • Nuka Cola in the fridge.
  • Vault-Tech sales rep comes to the door to pitch you to come to a vault.
  • Recorded 1,000 names to be said in game.
  • S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system is back for determining attributes.
  • You emerge 200 years later as the sole survivor of vault 111.
  • "Player freedom remains our absolute number one goal" - Todd Howard
  • Built on the next generation of their "Creation Engine"
  • Conversation choices are mapped to face buttons, no scrolling through options.
  • Dialogue, and everything else can be done in first or third person.
  • Dog companion can be ordered around by pointing at objects and giving contextual commands such as picking up items, attacking enemies, and activating switches.
  • VATS returns, looks very similar to Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas iteration.
  • Molerats sighted!
  • Pipboy returns. Fully animated. You can find game tapes to play on it. Games copyrighted 2053. Donkey Kong clone, Missile Defense clone sighted.
  • Real life Pipboy included in collector's edition! Can hold your smartphone, and will have a companion app.
  • You can scrap most items in the game to create a multitude of items, structures and buildings
  • This all happens in real time. Craft terminals that control activatable fixtures like turrets, light arrays, etc.
  • 50 base weapons, 700 weapon modifications, each one craftable.
  • Build and modify your own set of power armor, including individual leg and armor slots.
  • Throw down smoke markers to call for an airlift. Unclear whether you can do that anytime/anywhere though.
  • Fallout 4 will be released November 10, 2015!!!

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-fallout-4s-first-gameplay-and-story-details

Last edited by a moderator:
create a female character? how is that new? I had females in both games who wrapped men around their fingers before slitting their throats... yes I killed Benny while he slept.. to be fair I wanted his pistol..

Sent from my LGL39C using Tapatalk

I didn't know there was something like this in the vaults.
This episode is another travesty of the original Fallout.

Pipboy returns. Fully animated
Pipboy was supposed to be a parody of 40s-50s cartoon illustrations. it was never meant to be animated. Another reference Bethesda does not get.

"Player freedom remains our absolute number one goal" - Todd Howard
Except supporting the actual platforms synonym with Freedom, i.e. Linux. Fuck you Todd.

Genuinely surprised that Microsoft has enabled mod support for this, not sure how it's gonna work or how open (or not) it will be, but it's a good start.

There was a rumour coming from an ex employee saying that fallout 4 you could only play as a male.

Everything else about their prediction came true including when it would be revealed and they did it about a year ago. I am guessing they added the female since that employee left the company.

The amusing thing is she said she was doing it for revenge as she was unjustly fired for leaking information so it looks like a good call by Bethesda :D

I never play as a male if the female choice is freaking HOT.

.... hey! hey... enough with the captain obvious...

*fine* <_<

Little more than a month now & the PC system requirements have just been released..

Minimum:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended:
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Less than I was expecting tbh, I've a trusty old i7 920 (DO) @ 4.5GHz & have recently replaced my GTX 670 Windforce 3x with a MSI 970 Gaming 4G specifically for this game, seems like I shouldn't have been too worried.. sounds like it's pretty well optimized, bearing in mind the type of game it is (& Bethesda's track record!) guess we'll know soon enough how well it actually performs in the real world & there's always the massive community which I'm sure will be releasing it's own tailored performance tweaks & optimizations very soon after release.. anyone know if Bethesda are supporting mods from release day?

sweet so my pc will be able to play it.I hope the modding scene is able to port over mods... Hmm type 3 body mods clothes and personal favourite from Fallout NV the anthromorphic (furry) fox race mod. Really helpex me trudge through Fallout NV,.. I have yet to beat it. Im more focused on finding stuff and seeing what hidden perks I could get. Dine and dash was a favourite of mine.. Fallout 4 better have a fucking top hat in it.

I wouldn't even reach the minimum specs if I had Win7 and I'm pretty sure they'll introduce their planned paid mods system in this one.

Let's just hope New Vegas will be available DRM free at some point now that Bethesda is selling games on GoG (at ridiculous prices and mostly not to Germans though....), I still have to play this one.

If the modding support isnt open then ill never pick up this game..Hell fallout 3 lasted so long because of the mods. It gives the games replayibilty in a massive way. Lets face it.. if you know how to get the mods infinite fun can occur. There was a mod in FO3 that allowed you to build a town and take down buildings for supplies... I loved the openess in fallout 3 i hated the meaningless feeling in NV but if fallout 4 is closed to the modding commu.ity then its dead to me.

Back